Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/)
-   -   Dog Lovers............... the crap we have to put up with (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/663831-dog-lovers-crap-we-have-put-up.html)

AZgl1800 07-05-2018 12:02 PM

Dog Lovers............... the crap we have to put up with

one of our two family members is a Great Pyrenees, wonderful little friend....
as loving as any pet could be.

but she has a very bad, irritating feature about her.

2 and 3 inch long strands of super fine hair strands just that float around, and land on my face getting in front of my glasses :crying2:

claydbal 07-05-2018 03:57 PM

those dogs are supposed to be in a pasture, not in a house.

Power Guy 07-05-2018 04:08 PM

yeah but what would we do without them?

AZgl1800 07-05-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claydbal (Post 5765533)
those dogs are supposed to be in a pasture, not in a house.

that is so true, guarding sheep usually, or cattle in some areas.

she goes to the corner of the house by my bedroom windows, lays down about 15 feet out, and positioned so that she can see every thing from left to behind her to and scoping out the entire area around us. we are in the middle of a ten acre patch, half of which is trees.

still laying flat, she points left and woof woof woof, points full right and woof woof woof, then to the middle looking due South East, and woof woof woof woof woof..... :grin3:

and that continues until we call her in. don't matter how long she is outside, woof woof woof woof woof.....:laugh:

haroldaugustine 07-05-2018 07:31 PM

All doggies were meant to live inside with their humans. How else can the protect them? Not only that, it's damn hot out.

Power Guy 07-05-2018 07:33 PM

We do not have Dogs...we have furry 4 legged kids.

claydbal 07-05-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZgl1800 (Post 5765603)
that is so true, guarding sheep usually, or cattle in some areas.

she goes to the corner of the house by my bedroom windows, lays down about 15 feet out, and positioned so that she can see every thing from left to behind her to and scoping out the entire area around us. we are in the middle of a ten acre patch, half of which is trees.

still laying flat, she points left and woof woof woof, points full right and woof woof woof, then to the middle looking due South East, and woof woof woof woof woof..... :grin3:

and that continues until we call her in. don't matter how long she is outside, woof woof woof woof woof.....:laugh:

i had a great pyrenee i rescued from jerk owners. all she wanted to do was play and run. finally found her a home on a horse ranch. doggy heaven!! i think your ten acres is heaven to yours also.0:)

AZgl1800 07-05-2018 09:44 PM

oh, yeah, can she ever run!!!

she can circle our house 3 times in one minute flat!!!

she can play with toys all by herself and be amused for long periods of time.
she loves a good tug-a-war with anyone willing to get involved.

I just wish that I was able to walk her enough to keep her exercised :(

sometimes, I put a long recoil type least on her and use the golf cart to give her a good walk... but right now, if that is done at daybreak, she will overheat fast.

claydbal 07-06-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZgl1800 (Post 5765727)
oh, yeah, can she ever run!!!

she can circle our house 3 times in one minute flat!!!

she can play with toys all by herself and be amused for long periods of time.
she loves a good tug-a-war with anyone willing to get involved.

I just wish that I was able to walk her enough to keep her exercised :(

sometimes, I put a long recoil type least on her and use the golf cart to give her a good walk... but right now, if that is done at daybreak, she will overheat fast.

i work my dog with a tennis ball launcher. i have a baby swim pool out back. after so many runs to fetch, she will lay in pool to cool. dogs will let you know if they are up to more exercise, if not tethered. go with the flow like they do and you wont overheat them.