I've decided it's time to quit riding - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Model: 1999 GL1500A 84 GL1200A/82 GL1100I/79 GL1000
Garage
Thanks y'all! I am thinking about keeping the 84 until I can get it on the road again. John, I was thinking about the RTE, and thought I'd probably drive to some of them. They are a lot of fun. Like I said earlier, I will still be on the forum, just probably not as often as I was.

Larry
99 Aspencade Totaled 6/14/18(Deer)
84 Aspencade
79 GL1000 with VW carb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 10:11 PM

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: '97 GL1500SE/ '98 Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
Know the feeling. Hope the wife gets through this well.

I too have wondered if it isn't time.

I'm only 64 but in 2016 was diagnosed with NHL DLBCL (an aggressive Lymphoma) after having Doc investigate a growth. Since Sept '16 been fighting it. I have a MRI and check up Wed, getting anxious.

Bottom line, I'm OK on the trike, but not sure about the '85 Aspencade 2 wheeler. Sold my Trident last year. "Wife Unit" gives me "the look" when the 1200 is mentioned. She spent every day I was in Chemo, ER, and Stem Cell Unit by my side.

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Banned

Year: 1986
Make: honda
Model: gl1200A
what happens if yall get better and want to go for a ride? doctor told me dont look forward to much longer. I AM looking forward to much longer. may not make it, but im gonna ride sumptin, sumwhere.

peace

yall drive on over to gore okiehoma to the soda steve store. get a chipped pork sammich and say " next time, lets take the bike"!

prayer and positive attitude goes a long way.
Peter Goldwing likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 04:29 AM
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
Between still recovering from when the deer committed suicide on my bike and my wife's health, I've decided it's time to quit riding. My wife depends on me as her care giver, and I can't afford to be injured or worse again. She just got out of a week in the hospital from a subdural hematoma that had her in the ICU for 4 days. She's doing well now, but still has a way to go. I will miss it. The 99 Wing was totaled by the deer, so that's gone, but I still have a 79 and an 84. I will be listing them to try to get rid of them. I have enjoyed the years on this site and have learned a lot. Because of this site I have been able to keep many older wings going strong. I'll still be around, but not as much as in the past.
Hey LarryC....I'm really sorry to read the above post..I wish your Dear Wife a speedy recovery. I remember the day like yesterday that you joined this great forum....Don't rush to quit riding....heck!! I still take my neighbours for the occasional ride and i'm a few years senior to you.....When i'm talking to The Boss tonight I'll mention you and your Dear Wife to Him...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Model: 1999 GL1500A 84 GL1200A/82 GL1100I/79 GL1000
Garage
Thank you Redwing. Believe me, I'm not rushing. I just truly think it's best at this point. I'll miss it though.

Larry
99 Aspencade Totaled 6/14/18(Deer)
84 Aspencade
79 GL1000 with VW carb

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page