Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/)
-   -   I've decided it's time to quit riding (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/664363-ive-decided-its-time-quit-riding.html)

LarryC 08-05-2018 10:52 PM

I've decided it's time to quit riding

Between still recovering from when the deer committed suicide on my bike and my wife's health, I've decided it's time to quit riding. My wife depends on me as her care giver, and I can't afford to be injured or worse again. She just got out of a week in the hospital from a subdural hematoma that had her in the ICU for 4 days. She's doing well now, but still has a way to go. I will miss it. The 99 Wing was totaled by the deer, so that's gone, but I still have a 79 and an 84. I will be listing them to try to get rid of them. I have enjoyed the years on this site and have learned a lot. Because of this site I have been able to keep many older wings going strong. I'll still be around, but not as much as in the past.

Bike...and Dennis 08-05-2018 10:58 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I do understand.

You don't have to stop hanging around here though. You are among friends.

BLUTHUNDR31 08-06-2018 12:28 AM

Prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery for your wife will be included in my nightly "chat" with the "Boss". You have a lot "on-your-plate" for sure, but keep coming back here to help us "Rookies" with the occasional troubles that these bikes have. Your knowledge and experience are still needed and "requested". And keep us up to date on your lady's progress. Best of luck M'friend.

wilkoi 08-06-2018 04:49 AM

Doing what is best for your wife is the right thing to do. Good man.

OnaWingAndaPrayer 08-06-2018 05:27 AM

That is a decision many of have to make at some point. Your reasoning is sound. I am sure you thought a lot on this and make a hasty choice. Prayers for you and your wife.
As mentioned above , your always welcome here and your years of knowledge are valuable to other folks with Wing problems. Please do continue to visit when your able.

DaveO430 08-06-2018 06:19 AM

You can still drive to our RTEs. Keep in touch.

AZgl1800 08-06-2018 07:03 AM

Larry,

Please check in with us, and meet up with us at our RTEs....

you will have noticed that I drive a car to a lot of them when the weather is too warm for me.

Power Guy 08-06-2018 09:03 AM

First of all praying for your wife's recovery.

Maybe give selling the wings a little time.

gipsy42 08-06-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnaWingAndaPrayer (Post 5777437)
That is a decision many of have to make at some point. Your reasoning is sound. .

That's right, sooner or later we're alll going in that direction, feel sorry for your situation.
Prayers for you and wife.

Foodman 08-06-2018 07:19 PM

Glad to see the wife's on the mend.. It's tough to give it up, your decision is very honorable...........