Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
oh!!!!
I am so in anticipation:
Quote:
We are happy to tell you that your Zenni order is on the way! Soon you will look even more fabulous.
Your order was shipped on 09/21/2018 via USPS Mail (Priority Mail, Flat Rate Padded Env) to the following address provided at checkout:
I sure hope that 80% tint is not too dark..... I was in such a quandary as to whether to choose 50% or 80%

too late to make a change now of course, except that I will know what % to choose from when I order the single script Aviator sunglasses..... they won't do a bifocal prescription in the Aviator style frame, don't know why.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Did you ever get your replacement glasses since they did them wrong?

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 09:59 PM

Year: 2008
Model: gl1800p
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
oh!!!!
I am so in anticipation:

I sure hope that 80% tint is not too dark..... I was in such a quandary as to whether to choose 50% or 80%

too late to make a change now of course, except that I will know what % to choose from when I order the single script Aviator sunglasses..... they won't do a bifocal prescription in the Aviator style frame, don't know why.
They can’t do bifocal because the actual lens snaps into the frame. The actual lens is very small. They make great riding glasses though. I had 80% and it was not too dark. I also ordered a set of clear for night time riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
got an email that claimed the prescription is correct?????
what an idiot those people are.
I was supposed to call them and make a decision, I have been too mad to do it sanely,
so I put it off.
will take care of that tmw ( meaning when I wake up again ) it is 1:15 a.m. now

my sleeping hours are all screwed up, my daughter is a night person, and we just work when we are up, and sleep when we need to.... we just cover the windows and the house is dark, and we go on.... being retired makes that easy

~ John

post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
got an email that claimed the prescription is correct?????
what an idiot those people are.
I was supposed to call them and make a decision, I have been too mad to do it sanely,
so I put it off.
will take care of that tmw ( meaning when I wake up again ) it is 1:15 a.m. now

my sleeping hours are all screwed up, my daughter is a night person, and we just work when we are up, and sleep when we need to.... we just cover the windows and the house is dark, and we go on.... being retired makes that easy

just got off the phone again, the very nice American sounding lady's voice was pleasant, and she read off the email saying the glasses 'are correct'.

I asked her how anyone could possibly consider them correct when the "Far Vision" prescription is in the BiFocal segment...?"

She said, that is because that was the doctor's orders for "Segment Height" ??
give me a break.... segment height is from the pupil to the top of the BiFocal segment and mine is 4 milliMeters.....

sheesh! I figured out real quick, they were NOT going to remake them properly, I took the full Store Credit until I figure out how to spend the money on something they cannot screw up, it will NOT be another pair of BiFocals...
those people are IDIOTS....

my daughter is ordering a pair of glasses from Payne, we will see how that goes... but I am thru with throwing good money at Zenni Optical.

~ John

post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Magic Moderator

Garage
I never had Zenni make bifocals just single vision. It's a shame they won't do the job over. I went over to the Payne Optical site and they have even less expensive frames and look nice. Let me know how they turn out, I May give them a try for my next pair. Thank you.

Retired trike builder.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 12:16 AM

Model: GL1500SE
My daughter worked for an optometrist for a while but quit because she wasn't into con games. They would upsell a set of glasses for a kid to plastic lenses because kids can be hard on glasses. Then they would upsell an adult to glass lenses because they are more scratch resistant.
AZgl1800 likes this.

Len
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Magic Moderator

Garage
I looked at Payne Glasses and I found they have many pairs with a 15mm bridge which is hard to find, I have two pair that are 16 and they don't like to stay put.

Retired trike builder.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
We went to Owasso yesterday, and got a 2nd opinion eye exam. both of us....

the new O.D. is very neat, and he said that my old "new" script was not right.... and I felt it was NOT.... immediately... but Medicare won't pay for new lenses in less than a year...

Cyndi's script was off by 50% !!! she had ordered new glasses thru Zenni Optical and had headaches immediately.... oh, Dr. Len Hart was telling us that glasses from Zenni or other online optical place were "throw aways" and not worth getting.....

funny thing that..... the O.D. yesterday, who does NOT sell eyeglasses, told Cyndi that they are all the same, order or get them from anywhere, the glass blanks are all the same, and to save money, and stay away from an O.D. who sells glasses in his office....

so, Dr. Hart is 0 for 2 scripts, Cyndi and mine were both wrong.... looking forward to the new eyeglasses.

~ John

post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 05:47 AM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
. but Medicare won't pay for new lenses in less than a year...

I wasn't aware that medicare paid for any vision services.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page