Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/)
-   -   Eyeglasses (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/664501-eyeglasses.html)

AZgl1800 08-12-2018 12:59 PM

Eyeglasses

I have Memory Tinanium frames on 4 pairs of eyeglasses.

Recently, I had a new prescription lenses installed into my old, but still looking just like new frames.... even at 12 years old, these frames are indestructable.

but, the local eye doc charged me $350 bux just to have the lenses installed in my frames.... I know that is totally out of line, highway robbery if we don't have an alternate place to buy.

did some searching on the Zenni optical website, and I found my frames....
Holy Smokes! I can get new glasses for a tenth of the price as what the local optician is charging.

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/benda...0?skuId=212021

Bike...and Dennis 08-12-2018 01:06 PM

I think with glasses it may be a "get what you pay for" deal.

I looked at Zinni for some script sunglasses and the price is so low it may be worth a try.

Peter Goldwing 08-12-2018 01:47 PM

Dollar Store , its a bargain Im looking for. 1.25 reading glasses for a buck. Im using them for 4-5 years and Im just fine. I break or lose at least 10 pairs a year.
I know about the expensive ones as my wife gets them .

AZgl1800 08-12-2018 03:21 PM

oh, I have several of the Dollar Store reader eyeglasses in different strengths.
all the way up to 3.0 so I can see those damn pesky invisible screws that hold the inside of a laptop together.

for my everyday reading glasses so I can read for hours on end, I must have prescription lense as I have astigmatism fairly bad.

Luckily not bad enough to bother me if I go without glasses at all,

so that I can walk, and drive w/o glasses.

that was I my order to the eye doctor who gave me new cataract lense replacements.
I am 20/20 for far vision. can read road signs a 1/4 mile away w/o glasses.

but, for extended driving? I use my prescription glasses.

For bike riding, no glasses, so I can wear my helmet comfortably.

trike lady 08-12-2018 03:49 PM

I've purchased from Zenni Optical and very pleased. I buy their budget line frames for $6.95 with free lenses and then add coatings/tints.

claydbal 08-12-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing (Post 5779685)
Dollar Store , its a bargain Im looking for. 1.25 reading glasses for a buck. Im using them for 4-5 years and Im just fine. I break or lose at least 10 pairs a year.
I know about the expensive ones as my wife gets them .

yep. obamacare wouldnt buy me glasses, so i went to walmart. my chic went to an eye doctor that took obamacare less deductible plus surcharge and extra if ya have normal iq. she went twice.............

i drive.

DaveO430 08-12-2018 06:27 PM

I just had an eye checkup and luckily he said I am OK with just readers for now, 20/20 at distance. It's at less than arms length I can't focus on.

AZgl1800 08-12-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveO430 (Post 5779821)
I just had an eye checkup and luckily he said I am OK with just readers for now, 20/20 at distance. It's at less than arms length I can't focus on.

you got maybe another 5 to 10 years Dave, before those darned cataracts get in the way. :)

but the readers are nice to have on hand.

LarryInSeattle 08-13-2018 07:38 AM

I have worn glasses all my life. I started using Zenni about 5 or 6 years ago. The quality is there. There is quite a bit of mark up in the local eye wear store. Living now in Yuma, AZ, I recently purchased new glasses in Mexico. Two pair for $90 and that included the eye exam.... transition bi focal lenses and so far these frames have held up great.

I am going to order some sun glasses from Zenni soon. My old riding glasses that I bought there 6 years ago are scratched and beat up pretty bad.

cmhbob 08-13-2018 10:38 AM

I have a friend who discovered Zenni, and she's been buying frames the way some women buy shoes.