Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/)
-   Miscellaneous Forum (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/)
-   -   Sticky Subject. (https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/4-miscellaneous-forum/665059-sticky-subject.html)

Bike...and Dennis 09-17-2018 08:13 PM

Sticky Subject.

Does anybody know a good product for (temporarily) sticking sandpaper to glass?

Going to be putting member Ommari's SEi's cylinder head back on tomorrow.

Wondering, or maybe second guessing, if there is a better way than two-sided tape to stick the sandpaper to the glass for final surfacing.

Some kind of temporary spray glue, or...?

trike lady 09-17-2018 08:40 PM

Bike...and Dennis 09-17-2018 09:41 PM

I used to use that stuff when I wanted something to stay in place forever. How do you make it temporary?

trike lady 09-17-2018 09:53 PM

DaveO430 09-17-2018 10:22 PM

How about hair spray?

Cornpone 09-17-2018 10:42 PM

With most contact-type cements (spray, let dry, then press together) a little lacquer thinner will dissolve the cement allowing separation. You might lose a piece of sandpaper in the process...:surprise::smile2:

Bike...and Dennis 09-17-2018 11:24 PM

I hadn't thought about hair spray. I'll try that

rrago 09-18-2018 12:05 PM

Use the good stuff, Aquanet, i've even used that stuff to glue on grips

Bike...and Dennis 09-18-2018 04:23 PM

Yeah, I have a small non-aerosol bottle of hair spray that I have been using for years to put grips on.

Turns out we couldn't use the glass...

I bought the " glass and the fiber board. Doubled up the board & glued it. Took it over to Frank's to square it up on his table saw. Flex glued the glass to the now double thick board, bought some handles to put on it, and it turns out we couldn't use it because the dowel tubes wouldn't come out of the head and block.

'Spose I'll use it some day.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

nobbie 09-20-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis (Post 5791855)
Yeah, I have a small non-aerosol bottle of hair spray that I have been using for years to put grips on.

Turns out we couldn't use the glass...

I bought the " glass and the fiber board. Doubled up the board & glued it. Took it over to Frank's to square it up on his table saw. Flex glued the glass to the now double thick board, bought some handles to put on it, and it turns out we couldn't use it because the dowel tubes wouldn't come out of the head and block.

'Spose I'll use it some day.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have a ton of those "Never thought about that" moments.