• 1 Post By AZgl1800

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1984 Interstate, 82 GL1100, 79 KZ1000, 87 CR250
Make: Honda
Model: GL1200 and GL1100
Garage
My little absence...

Im still kicking just recovering from another knee surgery yep this was #2 same knee. Looks to be medically stationary as what they term it. I still walk with a cane but did ride my bike 3 weeks ago, but been sort of cold here and knee has been giving me fits. Plus having physical therapy on my shoulder and back due to falling out of a helicopter back in the Army days. Sure hate feeling old!!!
My shop is full of projects, have done a few lately and got them sold. Now im at the computer desk taking a break from making bullets and thought its been so long I should say something. Wife said I need to get me a new bike and quit working on stuff, Im like really!!! Why do i feel that was a trick to fire the maid and me do housework? I did buy me a better OB2 reader for automobiles it gives real time readings it nice! Been lonely around here in the day time, both boys off building windmills. Im doing Fridays with Grand kids I think thats the best day of the week, three girls oldest 12. They do a good job giving me a hand cleaning the house then i let them ride the quad around the yard. So thats it me rambling as usual glad to see everyone, John.

GL1100
GL1200
KZ1000
Grizzly 600
CR250

Its always been Mind over Matter. I dont Mind You dont matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 08:32 PM

Year: 2008
Model: GL 1800
Glad to hear you're ok now.Keeping occupied is the best solution.

Interesting job your boys have. Im mesmerized by the size of those things when you get near them.Good for the Earth.
I played a bit too much tennis lately and my knees complain. Im taking a break and maybe I go back to pickleball which is much easier on knees.
Have fun, whatever you do
Screw likes this.

I make sense all the time. The problem is you only listen intermittently

Follow me on the spot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Keep at whatever you do John. Its when we stop doing things, it's hard to get going again. I look forward to days with the grandkids as well. Just wish I had a 1/4 of there energy.
Screw likes this.

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
Best thing is to stay busy and keep moving. I cannot win, the arthritis in my right ankle doesn't like it no matter what state I live in as long as its cold. I've seen fields full of those windmills in New Mexico.
Screw likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 12:15 PM

Year: 1993
Model: 1993 GL 1500
Garage
Glad you're back and checking in. I got to ride the bike Sunday and Monday not bragging but Sunday the Old Lady went and we had a late lunch at Harris Ranch on I 5 Hwy. Harris Ranch is about 1/2 way between San Francisco and L.A. They have about 15 Tesla charging stations where owners of Tesla cars can get them filled. It takes about 30 min so they hang out, I asked one of the owners how it works and if they pay for the electric he said no we pay $2,000 extra when we buy the car and can charge for free. The car cost about $120,000 so I guess you pay $122,000 and get free electric at there charging stations, I don't see this ever working out but I guess the guy with the Horse and buggy said the same. All I can say is we better start building some Hydro electric power plants in Calif. I don't think the wind mills are going to keep up with demand. LOL
Screw likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
the Tesla cars will never make it outside of a large metro area.

the range is too short, the recharge time is to inconvenient...

can you imagine pulling into the McDonalds gas stop on I-44 halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City and having to get into a line behind a bunch of cars, all of them needing 30 minutes each to get a recharge?

not me, and that $122,000 ? that's what I paid for my house for gawd sake.
will never happen period, I just bought a new truck last summer, paid $2,000 cash and it is all mine.
Screw likes this.

~ John

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Year: 1984 Interstate, 82 GL1100, 79 KZ1000, 87 CR250
Model: GL1200 and GL1100
Garage
Awe you speak to soon, they just put a Tesla charging center here in our big town of 10,000. Guess were between Boise and Portland so it works, Have seen cars there many times charging those thing are wicked fast too!! Seen a Tesla Semi truck as well charging, then seen it go get its trailer and hit the road, just a slight hum as it went by. I cant help but wonder how they do on the ice and snow. Worked in the garage a bit today, putting a Shadow 600 back together from sitting 3 years, wont fire and I feel like Im chasing my tail at times. All the dang safety features are crazy, clutch and kickstand. Got it all bypassed still wont fire going to check a little wiring since coils test good but seems to point to the CDI. Going to rule everything out then guess if need be I'll buy one, since my buddy says he can still get them.
Got to change the battery in the wifes car tomorrow too, cold weather killed it finally but it lasted 5 years to me thats good for a factory battery. Am still amazed at the new OBII reader I bought showed the Battery the charging system the drain of the starter all real time and freeze framed it for me. Best 100.00 bucks Ive spent in a long time (used) fixed my truck as well since it wouldnt throw a code I had to check each coil via the reader and it gives a % of misfires per cylinder. Sure isnt like the old days! Been working and teaching my son to be son in law how to do simple things (proposed today), after my blessing. Glad some things are not lost in this new world we are becoming!

GL1100
GL1200
KZ1000
Grizzly 600
CR250

Its always been Mind over Matter. I dont Mind You dont matter.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page