LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Dentures fun

Went in this morning for a new fitting...

about 3 years ago, all of my upper teeth were pulled so I could have an upper denture made....

But, it seems that the "recommended place" pulled a fast one on me, the denture was no good, and they did not do anything about it when I complained.

The Denture shop here in our local little town said they did not follow through on how it should be done.... so I just called the old shop "artists" in their trade.... the lady doctor just grinned at me...

Hoping for a good fit, would enjoy being able to eat solid food again.

Wondering amongst those who have dentures, was your experience a good one?

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 02:50 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
That's something I will have to deal with eventually. I have recently lost a tooth and have 2 more that are in need of either crowns or partials. My Dad made it to 89 with all his natural teeth and my Mom still has hers and I have tried to take care of mine but they are failing me.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
repairing individual teeth gets expensive fast.

back when I had Dental Insurance and employed, it opted for crowns and root canals to save my teeth. had I not done that, I would have lost nearly all of my lower molars.

~ John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
another visit today to get a fitting to make my gum line, and the teeth click together right.

The denture tech told me that I have a very hard mouth to fit, the upper gum is receded behind the lower teeth, which is going to give me a mismatch on the front chewing teeth

there will be two more visits at a minimum says he, as they adjust this, and move that thing or other.

~ John

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:55 PM

Year: 1991
Model: GL1500 Interstate (Cinnamon/beige)
The amazing progress in "Dental Implants" in the past few years, along with the cost being reduced from what they were a few years ago lead me to give it a try. The results are nothing short of miraculous. Medicare will cover a decent portion of the procedure as long as you "qualify". I'd jump through hoops if it will save a few grand. Time will tell, , , ,

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page