Crap on a Cracker! - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM

Year: 1991
Make: Honda
Model: Gl1500 SE
If you can find which board on it is shot you can get spare boards of the internet. eBay sell some but there are other places
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Well, thank you all for your input. I am going to fiddle with the old set to see if I can get it working again. Lots of how-tos on YouTube.

With that in mind I was going to buy a smaller set, destined eventually for the bedroom, but when I saw that the price of a 32 inch model was going to be near as high as a 50 inch, I pulled the trigger on basically the same model as the one being replaced. A 50 inch Sceptre. Because...it cost $207.74 delivered to my door, including tax.

I opted to not do the 4K model as there's so little programming available at such high res and I only have a handful of BluRays. None of my DVDs are ultra high def. I doubt my aging eyes could even tell the difference.

So, again, thanks for the input. It really does help with decision making.
And here's to hoping I get more than 4˝ years of service out of the new set.
siouxindian likes this.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Dennis,
we have given up on HiDef, we can't see the difference in the movies they show now.
so why pay the premium charges?

and we got rid of our HiDef subscriptions to Sat TV when we dumped DirecTV and went to DISH.... dropped my TV subscription considerably.

~ John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is the Forum Index?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download it here:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Dennis,
we have given up on HiDef, we can't see the difference in the movies they show now.
so why pay the premium charges?

and we got rid of our HiDef subscriptions to Sat TV when we dumped DirecTV and went to DISH.... dropped my TV subscription considerably.
Yeah, the 4K model was only $20 more, but it seemed senseless to pay for something I'd seldom use and probably wouldn't be able to distinguish anyway.

We get 80 to 90 "over the air" channels here in Phoenix area. Only 4 broadcast at 1080 and maybe a dozen at 720. The rest are 480 or less.

And what was the film resolution on those old TV shows and movies? Broadcasting them at 2160 won't make them any sharper.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:53 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Watching sports is the only reason I can think of to want high resolution and I don't watch any sports. I can see everything I need to see in 720.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:43 PM

Year: 1984
Model: GL1200 Standard
Cool I have one for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis View Post
4 year old Scepter 50" TV took a dump. No picture at all. All other functions working, just no picture.

Had a friend over to look at it and we had it apart in the garage. He thinks it's totaled, so, I now have a very big radio.

I shouldn't make fun. This is a financial hit at a very bad time. Can anyone recommend a cheap source for reliable TVs?
Dennis, we got an extra TV, free to you if you want to drive up here for it. If I had read this a day earlier, I could have brought it to you! I just got back from a drive down to the valley and back. Sold my 2009 BMW R1200R today, cause it just doesn't stand up to an '84 Goldwing Standard!

Anyway the TV is a 48" flat screen, not real flat, like when they were 4-5" thick. It's a Visio I think. If you really want it, I will test it all before you drive up. Best wishes, JD

Thanks, JD
1984 Goldwing Standard
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:47 PM

Model: Had a 1994 GL1500 with 204,000 miles. Sold when I lost my job. Now that I am employed again, looking
Why are we talkin about broken TVs on the goldwing forum.

Dale
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Dennis, we got an extra TV, free to you if you want to drive up here for it. If I had read this a day earlier, I could have brought it to you! I just got back from a drive down to the valley and back. Sold my 2009 BMW R1200R today, cause it just doesn't stand up to an '84 Goldwing Standard!

Anyway the TV is a 48" flat screen, not real flat, like when they were 4-5" thick. It's a Visio I think. If you really want it, I will test it all before you drive up. Best wishes, JD
Thanks, but the issue was resolved with a credit card.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrider78 View Post
Why are we talkin about broken TVs on the goldwing forum.
We are a family and talk about everything. We have a computer forum and even one for guns. We've discussed subjects like building houses, replacing floors, heating garages, cancer cures and Cuba, just to name a few.

There have been threads in which someone posted that his whatchamacallit had broken, and a member from across the country who happened to be a whatchamacallit repairman knew exactly what was wrong, and explained how to replace a broken widget and get the machine working again.

However, we don't allow posts about sex or politics.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:12 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
That's what makes the forum fun and interesting is that there are other topics we share.

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page