Need something to fill a rusty pipe - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
mod-erator
 
DaveO430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amity, Arkansas, USA
Model: 2010 GL1800
Posts: 24,096
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverWinger View Post
How about welding some plate steel or angle iron to the OUTSIDE of it? Or just get another cross member (This is the removable transmission support, I assume?) from a junk yard...
No it is not removable, at least not meant to be. Jut getting everything loose from it so it could be cut out would be a major operation. I'm just not going there. I can weld some support on it. Would be easier to replace the entire frame, if one could be found.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.


NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
DaveO430 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:20 AM
Senior Member
 
SMEDEN(=the blacksmith)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vordingborg, , Denmark
Year: 2006
Make: Honda
Model: GL1000 1975 K1+GL1800 2006 airbag(US-model)+NRX1800 Rune 2004
Posts: 1,575
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
Would rather not add that much weight.
Then use concrete and poultry net . A common way to repair rusty cars before we got regular safety inspections

The winner is the man with most tools !
SMEDEN(=the blacksmith) is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:00 AM
Member
 
dwade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Columbia City, IN
Year: 1989
Make: Honda
Model: Aspencade
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEDEN(=the blacksmith) View Post
Then use concrete and poultry net . A common way to repair rusty cars before we got regular safety inspections
The made me laugh. My wife and I are working on the family home (built in 1860) and the threshold to the front door was packed with concrete including about the first 5 inches of the side boards of the door frame.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
dwade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
mod-erator
 
DaveO430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amity, Arkansas, USA
Model: 2010 GL1800
Posts: 24,096
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEDEN(=the blacksmith) View Post
Then use concrete and poultry net . A common way to repair rusty cars before we got regular safety inspections
I thought about concrete but where would I use the poultry net?

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.


NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
DaveO430 is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
 
DenverWinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Denver CO
Year: 1993
Make: Honda
Model: GL1500 Aspencade 1980 GL1100 STD Vetter
Posts: 505
Home Depot sells rebar

1972 CL-350 (1980-1988) sold
1978 Suzuki GS-550 (1985-2005) sold
1977 GL1000 (2002-2006) sold
1980 GL1100 STD Vetter (2005-)
1993 GL1500 Aspencade (2017-)
1983 Trav-Lite Camper (2010-)
DenverWinger is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Exit 10A, RT 42 NJ
Model: '98 Valkyrie
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
I thought about concrete but where would I use the poultry net?

this might work

http://www.hardblok.com/
ValkyrieRider is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator
 
DaveO430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amity, Arkansas, USA
Model: 2010 GL1800
Posts: 24,096
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkyrieRider View Post
this might work

http://www.hardblok.com/
Excellent, just what I was looking for.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.


NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
DaveO430 is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 12:53 AM
Senior Member
 
SMEDEN(=the blacksmith)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vordingborg, , Denmark
Year: 2006
Make: Honda
Model: GL1000 1975 K1+GL1800 2006 airbag(US-model)+NRX1800 Rune 2004
Posts: 1,575
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO430 View Post
I thought about concrete but where would I use the poultry net?
You put the poultry net in first , - that way you get "reinforced concrete"

The winner is the man with most tools !
SMEDEN(=the blacksmith) is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:51 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 56,981
Garage
I would get the "self leveling" type concrete, that way it would flow thru the tube from end to end....


you could help that along by jacking up one side of the pickup.


I used that stuff in a bathroom once because the floor was almost 2 inches out of level from one side to the next. the toilet bowl had never set solid in that house, and I finally did something about it. worked great.

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
mod-erator
 
DaveO430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amity, Arkansas, USA
Model: 2010 GL1800
Posts: 24,096
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEDEN(=the blacksmith) View Post
You put the poultry net in first , - that way you get "reinforced concrete"
It would be close to impossible to get it through the tube. It has 4 approx 45 deg. bends.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.


NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
DaveO430 is offline  
Reply

  Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome