Chatroom is now installed, and is running full time - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:13 AM
mod-erator
 
DaveO430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amity, Arkansas, USA
Model: 2010 GL1800
Posts: 24,204
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
Okay,
I will ask that it be part of the Quick Links menu.
I guess that will enable the people who know where to look to be able to find it.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.


NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
DaveO430 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Collinsville, Oklahoma, USA
Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Posts: 1,273
Why not make it a forum along with all the others and call it Chatroom forum. Wouldn't take up much space and would be easy for people to see and click. Once inside the forum it could take up the entire page making it easier to read and to keep up with the conversation.

Charlie
flylow is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow View Post
Why not make it a forum along with all the others and call it Chatroom forum. Wouldn't take up much space and would be easy for people to see and click. Once inside the forum it could take up the entire page making it easier to read and to keep up with the conversation.
good question, I will ask to see if that can be done.

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:30 PM
big PIA
 
MysticFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Washington, Illinois, USA
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Posts: 1,363
I am not seeing it at all
MysticFour is online now  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticFour View Post
I am not seeing it at all

change the GUI theme you are using, someone posted they could not see it until they changed to a different theme.

apparently the IT folks don't have it integrated into all of the themes.

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM
big PIA
 
MysticFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Washington, Illinois, USA
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Posts: 1,363
The only thing I see is light theme and dark theme on my phone, can't see it from either
MysticFour is online now  
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticFour View Post
The only thing I see is light theme and dark theme on my phone, can't see it from either
Okay,
it is just NOT accessible from a Cellphone.

I tried everything I could think of to make it work, even going to "Full Version" making the cellphone emulate a laptop PC, and it still will not work.

Sorry, I will talk with the IT folks and see what can be done, but this is a Plugin Module that they found that works with this forum software, and I don't think it has very many features for them to tweak.
AZgl1800 is online now  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Snorebaby's CFO
 
Snorebabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Augusta, Georgia, USA
Posts: 548
Does anyone remember what program was used for the old chatroom? It was much easier accessible and user friendly.

Snorebabe (Michele) and Snorebaby (Doug)

2015 GL1800HPNMF "Scarlett"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'90 GL1500SE "Pearl"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'86 CMX450 Rebel
'85 GL1200 LTD---SOLD
NASR 12 "Poke, Poke, Set"
Snorebabe is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator
 
AZgl1800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oologah, Indian Territory, USA...
Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Posts: 57,148
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorebabe View Post
Does anyone remember what program was used for the old chatroom? It was much easier accessible and user friendly.
That does not help Michelle,

this forum is now running on vBulletin software, and has no compatibility to what we had before, which was a hand written software that a friend of Steve Saunders wrote and maintained for us.

When the forum was sold, they maintained that software for about a year, while their programmers designed new "skins" for vBulletin so that it "looks the same, works the same" but is not the same underneath the "hood".

The fact that it still looks the same and works the same, is because Steve Saunders had them sign a contract that they would not change the look and feel, or how it works.

VerticalScope has done a very good job of honoring Steve's request, and when I ask for new features to be added, they try really hard to get it done.

I am talking to them about improving how the Chatroom/Chatbox works.
it takes time to get answers back, a lot goes on behind the scenes of maintaining forums.

~ John


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AZgl1800 is online now  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:52 AM
Snorebaby's CFO
 
Snorebabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Augusta, Georgia, USA
Posts: 548
Thanks for the explanation John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
That does not help Michelle,

this forum is now running on vBulletin software, and has no compatibility to what we had before, which was a hand written software that a friend of Steve Saunders wrote and maintained for us.

When the forum was sold, they maintained that software for about a year, while their programmers designed new "skins" for vBulletin so that it "looks the same, works the same" but is not the same underneath the "hood".

The fact that it still looks the same and works the same, is because Steve Saunders had them sign a contract that they would not change the look and feel, or how it works.

VerticalScope has done a very good job of honoring Steve's request, and when I ask for new features to be added, they try really hard to get it done.

I am talking to them about improving how the Chatroom/Chatbox works.
it takes time to get answers back, a lot goes on behind the scenes of maintaining forums.

Snorebabe (Michele) and Snorebaby (Doug)

2015 GL1800HPNMF "Scarlett"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'90 GL1500SE "Pearl"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'86 CMX450 Rebel
'85 GL1200 LTD---SOLD
NASR 12 "Poke, Poke, Set"
Snorebabe is offline  
Reply

  Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome