Just an overdue howdy - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

2Likes
  • 2 Post By fysty-1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Year: 1995
Make: Yamaha Virago
Model: 1985 GL1200 I w/LTD body(SOLD :( )
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to fysty-1
Just an overdue howdy

Well it's been a long time since I have participated here. Wasn't even sure if I even had a place. Been through a bunch of medical problems but nothing life threatening. I had let Baby Blue go as I was about to open heart surgery & didn't want her to sit for a year while I recuperated. After a bit bought a Virago but after, I had to sell her as well due to hip & leg issues, I not able to comfortably able to hold that chopper up. Decided that I would retire from 2 wheels but WILL NOT retire my new lid. I keep looking for a trike but most are way out of my price range unless I find one & the owner agrees to carry the loan. I wouldn't even turn down a VW trike. Hope ya'll are having a great summer. Just wanted to stop by & touch base with all my friends. Cheers Angela oldbroad & God bless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela, aka fysty-1(R) & Dani(L), S.Surrey, B.C.
1985 Gold Wing GL1200 I(SOLD Apr/2012)
No matter how blue it may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky.
Blue is not the fastest color, but it is the prettiest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(women only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:10 PM

Year: 75,83I,86SEi,93A,94SE,03ABS
Model: 94SE 209000 miles
Hello Angela . I hope your putting all the medical problems in the past and arelife is getter back to normal . Nothing wrong with riding a trike . Heck most of us started out on one
Glad to see you posting again . Visit often.

Mike
NASSIR 1
NASSIR 6
NASSIR 7
NASSIR 8
NASR 10 Good times!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I rode many a mile on a trike in my younger years before I was big enough to make a bicycle stand up while rolling forward.

~ John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Magic Moderator

Model: No more Wings, Gold or Silver
Garage
You've been missed here. Glad to see you back.

Retired trike builder.
I dislike Spam, too much sodium.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Garage
Thanks guys & trike lady. I sure have missed being on here. Yes I am working with a completely new health care providers & they are not letting anything get by them. We Dodds' don't have a history of long life but I am just 72yrs. young but I have set the goal for the century mark. Gotta run for as this old kitten has to hit feathers early. It's Pride weekend up here & I want to head downtown for some of the celebrations. Can't stand long enough to stay for Sunday to watch the parade. So I will wish you all a nighty night. Cheers

(women only)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:35 AM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
Have you considered an older 'Wing with training wheels, like a Voyager kit?

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Garage
Sure have. That's what Baby Blue was. A 1209 I with the body of an LTD. I wish I had never sold her but she did go to good home near Calgary. Gentleman had lost a portion of his lower right leg after being rear ended or some such. Anyway back to your suggestion, I only get just shy of 1700 bucks after taxes at month's end. After paying all my bills, I have about 350 left for spending on me and my credit score is just under 500 points. No I am afraid that oldbroad will just have to live with PMS unless I can win a lottery & if that happens I'll get a new Indian classic & get the dealership hereabouts to bring up a CCC trike kit, because unless the trike, no matter the make, came from the factory trikes, it cannot be imported. I don't know if that includes a Wing that went from dealership to for instance CCC, to be triked. But that not stopping me from searching the internet for a trike.

(women only)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:37 PM

Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
Hello Angela!!! Been a Loooong Time!!!!!

Don

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoepc View Post
Hello Angela!!! Been a Loooong Time!!!!!
Ain't that the truth! Got involved with F/B, and with all the negative publicity I decided to dump that site. I spend good money for a security forum internet service & I personally think is the best out there. On top of that I have 3 satellite service, that I don't have to pay for, from my service provider, Google/Chrome etc. I got me a new tablet & decided to clean out a massive bundle of files along with duplicates in photos & music, that I came across this site in my favourite bookmarks. This was my home forum at the time & I still feel the same. Was gobsmacked to fine I still had aas account. As my skeletal parts of my body no longer allow me the joy's of to 2 wheels, but I am still looking for a good trike even if it's powered by a Volkswagen ("the people's bike." &#x1f602. Unfortunately it would have to be trike from this side of the 49th 🇨🇦. Canada Customs don't allow trikes to be imported, as I said before unless it was built that way from new. I'd much sooner have a real trike but for the right price I would settle for a Voyager add-on. I am ashamed to say that with my credit score as it is, I will never get credit, so I have to hope for a gifted trike the trike owner will carry me for the money ( I can manage 2 /2.5 hundred bucks a month.) Of course there is always a lottery 😂😂. Guess that I should go and grab some dindin. You all ride with the shiny side up & right hand cranked. Cheers my friends.

(women only)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:13 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Angela,

we never delete a membership....
the only thing would be if your password got corrupted or you forgot it.

I have my ph# presented when a password error occurs.

~ John

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page