Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GPS advice: looking for new one.

View Single Post
post #68 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 07:08 PM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by randylexus View Post
AZgl1800-
Sorry to hear your Voice Command is not responding like you want it to. Mine works 80% of the time on the 1500. I have it Ram Mounted just below the key.
Wonder if you're picking up more wind and highway noise than Larry and myself. If so, you might be able to put a mini hood over the small mike opening on the lower left side, sort of a "mini-reverse megaphone," 'cause it is a lot of fun to yell at the 2797, and have it do what you want it to!

I have been doing my tests in the car, too much rain to get on the bike around here.

I will go thru the setup on it again, I had changed the wake up command to "Hey Garmin" because it is stronger to utter and it worked like a charm the first time or two I used it while parked in town and wanting to see how it worked to get me around. The 1st experience was super neat....
after that, it never worked again if I am moving....

and that is exactly what you need..... nearest fuel, or hotel "on route", not back behind you.

when you ask for that manually, it does not offer up the "on route" option, it defaults back to the old menu of the 1450LMT which is a bummer.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome