Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - West Coast meet-up 2015 WCWJAMR
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Jluvs2dive
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
So far the fires are some distance from the campgrounds as well as a couple of the roads we like to ride. The only one somewhat in that area is pretty small and appears to be contained. It's also probably 80 miles from the campgrounds. Unfortunately there are two of them over by the Sumpter - Unity route. That road from Unity back up towards Baker City, 245, is one of the funnest stretches of road in the area. The Hell's Canyon Rally people call it the "Little Dragon". There are still plenty of other great roads to ride but I was hoping to do that one again.

The great news is that the Hell's Canyon Scenic Byway construction is done except for shoulder work. No more torn up road and gravel and no construction delays, so that great road is ready to ride this year.
http://hellscanyonbyway.com/road-conditions/ One end of that road is very near the campground and it is a great motorcycle road with great scenery and some considerable elevation too, over 6000 feet if I remember correctly.

We are little over two weeks away now. Greg and I are planning on travelling down on Wednesday the 9th in case anyone else is thinking about an early arrival. My younger brother and his wife might be joining us as well, on his obnoxiously loud Harley.
John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome