Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Honda Goldwing GL1000 High Performance Ignition DIY mods - Single Carburetor

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
CaptainMidnight85
Banned

Honda Goldwing GL1000 High Performance Ignition DIY mods - Single Carburetor

In having a strong level of experience with single carburetor's on Yamaha XS 650's and Virago's of all sorts from many years ago, I learned some things that are useful to a Honda Goldwing GL1000 Induction Conversioneer that may prove useful on many facets when compared to what is currently available on the open market today. "High Performance" does not have to be EXPENSIVE for our bikes if we follow a fundemental approach.

I've threads on some on-going projects in experinemtation that await further progress (when time allows) such as THIS one. I will try and get a grouping of my threads together at some point soon in here.

Benefits?
Easier Starting is usually the first noticeable improvement.
Better Drivability is usually the second thing noticed.
More Efficiency is usually realized through less fuel consumption.
Cost Factor involved is greatly reduced over the open market options.
Overly Rich fuel charges are masked. A HUGE benefit to Conversioneer's!
...and many more benefits involved depending on the approach applied.

Other Members here have some Great options as well. One works so well that it has been adopted commercially for our application.
Another has a single-fire option proven over three decades ago.
Many run stick coils with great results.

For me, having a strong ignition to compliment my induction conversion has proven itself to be a succesful move for little money.

Conversioneer's, what "Do It Yourself" modifications have proven beneficial to your conversion? I do know what I know, but I certainly do not know everything as realized from One 36 Year Old Hot Rod.

I look forward to any input of "proven" Do-It-Yourself, higher performing ignition modifications. I'm interested in more working models than those theoretical models, but all conversation is welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Project2.jpg (29.5 KB, 44 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome