Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Honda Goldwing GL1000 High Performance Ignition DIY mods - Single Carburetor

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 09:19 AM
pdbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight85 View Post
If you're >still< interested in a inexpensive, high performance optical ignition solution for your bike, and you're not find it elsewhere from this board, and want it from me in particular, then continue following my high performance threads here on this board.

When time allows for it, I will show you how to assemble your own.
Until then, enjoy what you have and ride safe.
i doubt anyone will be interested in what you have to say about anything, if you are unwilling to answer simple questions, on comments or claims that you make,

regardless of what you do, the claim and the question stands
===============================
Quote:
Overpriced.
...for us at least
Most of what they are doing has already been done on the forums.
The tower coils were brought out in the open via Dave a couple years ago.
The optical stuff isn't new and explained in the forums.
And multi-discharge is cheap for all of us now.

They too have a "one plate fits all" approach. Pick the number of pick-ups, clock them, drill for mounting, 2 or 4 cylinder wheel and... SHA-ZAMM! We in business...

Street applications will find no benefit in using optical vs. Hall (magnetic) triggering.

@ $450.00 they are re-couping their development costs, ...probably on a 2.5 multiplication factor. Maybe even higher.
You and I can put the same thing together for less than $100.00. If you're really thrifty, sub-$50.00 is a truth.
an easy goog shows the above quote coming from cm85 and is in reference to a c5 ignition system available for early GWs
http://www.c5ignitions.com/motorcycle-ignitions.html

i would love to run a c5 type ignition that apparently can be easily replicated diy for under 50 bux,

please provide the details?

the topic is after all
Quote:
GL1000 High Performance Ignition DIY mods - Single Carburetor

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Quote:
b : a public meeting place for open discussion
c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

82, going over it

had a hog in there for a bit but basically,
back in the saddle after a ~ 24 year break,
at the time, had an oncoming made a left turn deal

Last edited by AZgl1800; 08-26-2015 at 10:43 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome