Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Making your computer's HOME KEY bring up New Posts

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Jeff, there was a time that Opera was the only browser of choice for me.
Then somewhere along the line, Mozilla came out with Firefox...

I had long been against Internet Explorer simply because of its' inefficient handling of bookmarks, its' total lack of a good Addons system.

Chrome does a very good job except in the Bookmarks arena, it is the pitts, and therefore, I won't use it for anything except a website that bucks and snorts with firefox. Chrome does one other thing well, they use an internal version of Flash that always works because they don't update the damn thing every 3rd day...

I hate it when Firefox crashes with Flash.... it is because Firefox did an upgrade, and now Flash is behind the 8 ball again........ I have locked Firefox and Flash down and gone for years w/o allowing either one of them to upgrade. and I never experienced those "bad vibes" of being infected by hackers.

I have enough external security running that the browser don't need too much anyway. and it helps if the only two websites you see are this forum and the banks

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome