Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1800 2008 very noisy gear change

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Peppi-Le-Pew

Year: 2012
Make: Honda
Model: 2012 Blue GL1800 Level 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfdeputydawg View Post
Although I have little faith in "real" dealer" repairs, other than simple service items, I don't agree they "work" for Honda! Someone purchased a franchise and is trying to make money. Therefore most desire to keep their customers happy.
Having said that, the dealer is pretty much at the mercy of Honda, for warranty coverage, especially if the rep shows up for a review!
So it would seem they are working for us. Yes, they are working on our vehicle. Dealers repair what Honda and the tech rep approves. Honda has reined in their warranty repair costs. They even took away the tech reps wing to cut expenses. They used to get a new one every year. Or so i'm told. I was told by three people (tech rep included) that my washing machine sound coming from the alternator drive gears was normal, "it sounds like a goldwing to me". My persistence got the defect acknowledged and repaired. My 2012 now sounds like a normal wing. Honda wants to satisfy us so they more often than not go over and above to make us happy. Honda just last year replaced a 2002 frame under warranty for a fellow local chapter member. The only way that happened was mother Honda ponied up the frame and paid the labor. Dealers work for Honda when warranty dollars are being spent.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome