Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA)

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
LarryInSeattle
Friend of Bill W.

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800A
Garage
My first 5 day trip on my "new to me Goldwing" using the Gold Book.

I planned to take a ride across the cascades, then across the state of Washington down the eastern edge of the state into Clarkston and then ride rattle snake pass, then home along the Columbia river. Solo, camping and no immediate itinerary. As I was packing my stuff, I remembered the Gold Book. I picked it up and figured out the usefulness of it. It was worthy of bringing along on the trip. I also noted that a GWRRA member had posted that he had camping space provided. Great. I called his number. His wife answered the phone. In one minute, she gave me their address and invited me to their place.

I showed up, had a cup of coffee, and we shared some motorcycling adventures. Instead of camping in my tent that night, I stayed in their guest cabin. I brought my own gear into the cabin, got up at 4:30 am, packed my gear and headed out. I warned them that I was an early riser and that I would be gone before they even through about breakfast. I sent them a nice thank you card for their hospitality. I snapped this picture right before I departed.

Here are some pictures I took on that trip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome