Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Cee Bailey Windshield
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 04:38 AM
Silverfox

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Went for a spin last night. LUXURY!! No more buffeting, for me or Helen.

I was looking through the screen, something I haven't experienced on any of my previous bikes screens. Since the screen is brand new, it is absolutely fine, with no distortion or light problems. If it gets scratched in the future, that would become a problem. The NACA vent doesn't send wind at me at all. Something I wasn't expecting, is that the headlight beam illuminates the upper edge of the bottem of the vent. At first I was worried about whether this might prove distracting, but I am happy to report that it is forgotten about, once the novelty has worn off.

We rode in very bright head on sunlight, ( dangerous at the best of times) through the dusk and into full darkness. At no time was I unhappy with the screen. The engine noise that we heard increased, so if anyone had noisy pipes that might be an issue, but for me I liked it, both because I like the sound my Wing makes and also because I would hear anything wrong with her.

Intercom sound quality is better, we do not get wind noise through the mikes, blasting in each others ears now, downside is I can't pretend I didn't hear Helen

When I ordered the screen from "Woodeys" I talked at length to Mike and he is now aware of this site. I believe he is going to watch it for a while and then maybe make contact with Steve. Any riders on my side of the pond, who wish to change, I can thoroughly recommend the screen.

The only thing I was unable to test yesterday, was the rain and vent thing. Without wishing it upon us, I will let you know what I think as soon as we are "blessed" by the rain Gods!!

Pete

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome