View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 03:23 AM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
[QUOTE=spiralout;4446594]I believe you believe in the numbered tapes, I meant if you were serious about them not being numbered.
/QUOTE]

I don't like using just colored tape, as it get rubbery and starts turning loose when it gets hot...

and, if you have more than just 3 or 4 wires to take apart, which one of "those blue wires" went here?

Numbered tapes are limitless in how many you can tag. get more than 10 wires hanging loose, then just add the next higher "10s" digit tape.

On my 1800 when I was ripping out a huge amount of PO installed "all black w/no ID wires, I traced several from the front of the bike to the rear of the bike. Once I found out what purpose they were for, I used my Brother Label Writer and printed out "Horn Relay 30A fused" for the one that snaked back thru the frame and went to the horns under the trailer hitch. Put that tape up front, and in the back up above the horns where that wire just ran loose hanging in mid air.....

jeez the PO was a slob with wiring..

I used that label writer several times on those PO installed wires. and when I found wires that just "dead ended" and went nowhere those were traced out and totally removed from the bike. I found 3 relays that had no function, and just gobs of black wires that seemed to have no current function.... found a black module buried inside some of the original Honda huge wire loom??? cleaned it off and found an ID number, the internet tracked that down to a Security System.... well, removed all of that crap too.... as I don't have the remote that went with it, so that is useless...

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome