Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1500 LED Tail/Brake Light Conversion Cancels Cruise Control Problem Solved

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 12:35 AM
Bluewaterhooker0

Year: 1997
Make: Goldwing SE
Model: '97 GL 1500SE
Just for the record, I'm still using these 1157 LEDs on a '97 GL1500 SE, with no ill effects on the cruise system. I was unaware that there was even an issue with LED tail/brake lights, regarding the cruise system. They are equally as bright as the OEM incandescent bulbs. No brighter, no dimmer. But they certainly do 'trigger' faster, thus a more distinct flash rate when turned on or off.

One thought did just occur to me while writing this. I have a Back-Off brake flasher in the system, between the brake lights and the incoming signal. So, the braking system of the bike doesn't really 'see' the LEDs. It sees the Back-Off modulator. I wonder if that could explain why I have had no issues with the cruise system. The Back-Off was installed before I ever went to LEDs on the rear end. Just a thought. Personally, I wouldn't be without the Back-Off brake modulator. It gets a lot of attention on braking. That might be a simpler solution to the discussed LED / Cruise issue. Just install a Back-Off, and your LEDs are good to go ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (35.5 KB, 55 views)

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
Thomas Paine December, 1776

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome