Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - An alarm system that will work using Honda OEM key fob.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
MikeW

Post imported post

I'm relatively new to Goldwing motorcycles but have ridden for 25+ yrs. I bought a 2002 GL-1800 the first of the year and have been very pleased with it. Like most of us bike owners, I had to customize it for me. As part of the process I wanted to put an alarm system on my bike, but I didn't want to carry two key fobs (the Honda OEM fob and an alarm fob). I came up with a relatively cheap (under $25) circuit that allows you to arm and disarm the alarm system using the existing Honda GL-1800 key fob. This is a circuit I designed myself, and have it installed on my wing. The alarm sets when the lock button is pushed and disarms when the unlock button is pushed. The alarm will not arm when the key is in the on position. It can be adapted to operate a bunch of different systems and aplications. I only have my hand drawn schematics for this right now. It does require some electrical expertise to build and install, but nothing too serious if you can follow a schematic. Yes, you need to know how to use a soldering iron.

My question is, is there any interest in this? Would anybody else use it or be interested in it? If so, I could clean up the schematic and post it I guess.

This is the greatest forum I have ever seen. I read it a lot.

Thanks for responding.

MikeW

Mike W
Riding Texas, one road at a time.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome