Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Windshield wiper

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Kit Carson

Post imported post

Plastic scratches.........no way to make sure it does not. How do I know this? I am a plumber and work hard.....hot, sweaty, sand gets on your hands.....on your clothes and you wipe your face......crawl under houses and you have dirt, dust, spider webs and junk......so you wipe your face again......your glasses get dirty.....fall off.....so you wipe them on your shirt tail......there they go....scratched up.

I have tried every kind of plastic lenses and magic sure to do the job coating that can be found for plastic lenses. They still scratch. I specifically had a pair of glasses made out of glass....it took a bit of time....they looked at me like I was crazy.....glass??

I do not think any plastic windshield will hold up to a wiper for very long. The very first time a truck or lorry runs past and covers you with road grime....and you make a swipe or two with the wiper.......there you go.......scratched up......Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome