Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Can i use LED HEADLITE on 1200A?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 AM
William_86

Year: 1999
Make: Honda
Model: GL1500 Aspencade
Garage
hello guys, when i had my 1200 i installed a XENON bulb, i also noticed that the reflector (chrome finish) was very dull so i fixed it with a layer of chrome vinyl decal, a couple of weeks ago i did the same on my new balkyrie. if you search on the forum there is probably the pics of what i did on the goldwing because i dont have the pictures anymore, it really inproved the light output like 100%. i got the same results on my valkyrie. here are a couple of pictures

before:

the goldwing reflector i believe is round, not square cut like the valkyrie but you can figure out how to do it, here are the vinyl that i cut to match the pattern on the reflector

now here is the reflector after

as you can see is a simple fix and to me cost me nothing since i already had the vinyl wrap, it was a left over but enough to make this. im sure you can get left overs at a decal shop or anywhere they use this vinyl wrap or even ask for a sample and that will do.

i dont have pictures of the light output after or before, but trust me its worth the time.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome