AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John J View Post
First class job...really well done. I'm sure if it was "plug and play" you would sell loads of them. I would want one. It seems even better than the factory gear indicators on many new bikes. A friend just brought a Kawasaki Versys and the gear indicator goes to a blank screen when the clutch is pulled in so you can't see whether you are in first gear when stopped (I expect we've all pulled off in second gear by mistake at times!).
Just yesterday with my mind on the wife's problems in the hospital... I got caught up in thick and slow traffic, staying alive more important than getting the shifter down a few notches.

Left Turn signal goes green and the expected surge is not there.
aha! the 5th gear yellow light is still burning

no matter, the mighty 1800 just grunted a bit, the throttle opened up a bit, the shifter went to 4th and off we went..... mind you, this is on a left hand turn into a very narrow up ramp, so traffic is not honking at me to "get the hell out of the way"..... once I got straightened up on that 'on ramp', I down shifted to 3rd and from 20 mph we took off smartly.

so, yes, we all do it.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome