Originally Posted by BluBruce View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but....
.............. Ummm ............

WHAT IS ATGATT - ???

BluBruce.
jeff is being tongue in cheek,

it means,

All The Gear All The Time

In other words, I will not ride my bike without putting on helmet, ballistic mesh jacket, and ballistic mesh pants, and lace up boots.

It is a PITA to get all of that done, therefore, I don't ride my bike very much on a trip of less than 30 miles.... which does away with a fast little trip to the Sonic a half mile away. So, I take the car for short jaunts...

the fact is, 98% or more of accidents occur within a 10 mile radius of your home.... and we get careless around our home because "we know" exactly where we are, and exactly where we are going to turn.....

for me, there is a Rail Road crossing at the northwest corner of my property line... and that crossing is 50 feet from a high speed US highway.... the truckers don't slow down, they just keep on hauling ass and dare me to slow down so I can make my turn..... so, what I do is to slow down 250 yards back or more to an unbearably slow speed and force them to change lanes... I refuse to be bullied..... I wobble in my lane a lot... that attracts their attention.... "what is that guy up to?" which is exactly what I want them to see.... what I am up to....

The turn on to my home street is a right 90 degree turn... no slow radius to it, less than 5 feet from start of turn to you are in your lane now. I have to slow down to about 5 mph in order to make that turn.

embellished on ATGATT a lot, but trying to make a point, either you wear it all the time, or you take your chances.... and, if you will look at my accident link, you will see why I do ATGATT.... that 18 wheeler truck tried to climb the concrete divider into the opposite lanes.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 12:22 AM
Just Winging It

Year: 1986
Make: GL1200I
Model: GL1200I 1986
Garage
John's explanation is not as fun as mine

The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 08:37 AM

Model: 2008 GL1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
jeff is being tongue in cheek,

it means,

All The Gear All The Time

In other words, I will not ride my bike without putting on helmet, ballistic mesh jacket, and ballistic mesh pants, and lace up boots.

It is a PITA to get all of that done, therefore, I don't ride my bike very much on a trip of less than 30 miles.... which does away with a fast little trip to the Sonic a half mile away. So, I take the car for short jaunts...

the fact is, 98% or more of accidents occur within a 10 mile radius of your home.... and we get careless around our home because "we know" exactly where we are, and exactly where we are going to turn.....

for me, there is a Rail Road crossing at the northwest corner of my property line... and that crossing is 50 feet from a high speed US highway.... the truckers don't slow down, they just keep on hauling ass and dare me to slow down so I can make my turn..... so, what I do is to slow down 250 yards back or more to an unbearably slow speed and force them to change lanes... I refuse to be bullied..... I wobble in my lane a lot... that attracts their attention.... "what is that guy up to?" which is exactly what I want them to see.... what I am up to....

The turn on to my home street is a right 90 degree turn... no slow radius to it, less than 5 feet from start of turn to you are in your lane now. I have to slow down to about 5 mph in order to make that turn.

embellished on ATGATT a lot, but trying to make a point, either you wear it all the time, or you take your chances.... and, if you will look at my accident link, you will see why I do ATGATT.... that 18 wheeler truck tried to climb the concrete divider into the opposite lanes.

That's why my "blond" sister moved 11 miles up the road.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Vendors > Baker Built Air Wings Inc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page