Where were all the Dubs on Sunday? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Well I took my 1500 on a rare visit to South Ann Street on Sunday morning, all shined up and risking it getting all wet and having to do it all again (but it stayed dry). Wanted to show it off, but there were only 3 Wings (2 1800s and a 1500se) at Eddy Rockets. Steve & Dillon, Michael Wilson and a big fellow called John were the only ones there. Not a lot to show off to! Had a bit of a laugh anyway, but where was everyone else. Was there a secret run on that I hadn't heard about? The lads didn't know and just said that there is usually at least 10 Wings "on duty" on a Sunday.
Thanks for the coffee antyway lads, it's a nice hangout for a Sunday morning and the staff all like the Wing crowd and so do the customers.

Al.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 11:03 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Hi big al...About 6 of us went on a charity run for Wexford hospital last sunday ,,and some are off to the sun on hols,and some more were hijacked to do the xmas shopping but I will be in next sunday with a few of the lads ,so drop in again and say hello ,,,cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 11:25 AM

Post imported post

Hi Al

Don't let last Sunday put you off. Normally there are 15 - 20 Wings present for inspection, so don't be discouraged. Just don't expect much more than chat and envious looks....as it's pretty hard to shift the "auld fogeys" out for a spin,('specially the RED ones...).
p.s. Don't forget your sense of humour, you'll need it...
Steve18

Who Dares Wings, don\'t ya know!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Ah sure I'll be back. I had a laugh and was made welcome by the few diehards that were there. the wingnut had a hand-held CB radio and had the CB turned on on his 1800 and was teasing the people who stopped to look at the bikes. Some of the comments coming out of the bike like "whaddaya lookin at?", "hello baby", "hello gramps" etc had me in knots. The kids were mesmerized talking and listening to the "talking bike" and everyone else was slagged off in a nice way. I always knew someone would find a good use for the CB radio on the Goldwing! :P

Al.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:03 PM

Post imported post

Hey BigAl, I thought Sth.Anne St. was placed out of bounds by wexman. I actually caught the first boat of the island about a month ago last Sunday and headed for Sth.Anne St. I dont have a GPS on my so I had to stop about six times to get directions to Dublin and still got lost twice. I parked the in one of the side streets and walked around in my disguise to check if anyone was there. Low and behold wexman was there with pen and paper ready to take the names of any offenders. I slipped back quitely to my and headed for the islands and never told a sinner. Now wexmantells us its safe to go there next Sunday. If I can catch the early boat of the Island I will try and get there.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:46 PM

Post imported post

well REDWING its getting near christmas and I am just getting into the spirit of things ,but once christmas is gone I will be back in Anne st with the whipYou know eddie rockets HATE to see me coming ,,they know when I arrive all his wingers disappear into thin air ,,,,,I am surprised you managed to find the boat never mind to get on it ,,it must be difficult to drive a wing with a guide dog leading the way Bye for now CIARAN

yes it is Gaelic

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 04:56 PM

Post imported post

wexman wrote:
Quote:
well REDWING ,,,,,I am surprised you managed to find the boat never mind to get on it ,,it must be difficult to drive a wing with a guide dog leading the way
Heywexman, I would be lost without my leader. But he does'nt know the road to Dublin either thats why we got lost twice. But we will manage the next time. Hope to see ye all on Sunday if we dont get lost.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 12:55 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

BigAl wrote:
Quote:
Ah sure I'll be back. I had a laugh and was made welcome by the few diehards that were there. the wingnut had a hand-held CB radio and had the CB turned on on his 1800 and was teasing the people who stopped to look at the bikes. Some of the comments coming out of the bike like "whaddaya lookin at?", "hello baby", "hello gramps" etc had me in knots. The kids were mesmerized talking and listening to the "talking bike" and everyone else was slagged off in a nice way. I always knew someone would find a good use for the CB radio on the Goldwing! :P
[align=center]
That's where my CBgets used the most, stops it getting rusty! :P[/align]

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 02:58 PM

Post imported post

See the wingnut even agrees that the CB and GPS are only gimmicks.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 03:08 PM

Post imported post

Hey Redwing ,,come on one of our runs and you will see just how usefull a CB can be,

When you are trying to steer 35 to 40 goldwings through busy towns ,the CB is a gift ,,I can keep in contact with the guys at the back and in the middle of the group to make sure everybody is ok ..it has been a life saver on more than one occasion ,,On the way back from the giants causeway one of the 1500 had a problem and he was able to call us for help even though he was at the back and about 1 mile behind ,we were able to stop and go back to assist him ,,I for one would not be without a CB and I think the same goes for anybody that has one ,,,BTW how is you hearing ?cheers Ciaran

see ya for coffee on sunday

yes it is Gaelic

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page