Gone but never forgotten - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Post imported post

One of the sadist days of my cycling history today. I took my 85 Aspencade into the dealer as the trade in on the 1800. He wanted it over the winter to sell it. It was a beautiful day sunny and about 2 C 34-36 F it is about 60 Km 40 miles to the dealer, and she ran like a champ, so good in-fact I started having 35th thoughts about selling her. She has taken me across Canada several times with Nair a hiccup, and all she ever asked was gas, oil and love. I think the hardest part was coming home and seeing the big empty garage. The wife said "great, now I will be able to get my car in the garage for the winter" Sorry hun, got a lot of work to do on the garage to get ready for the 1800only about 16 weeks till I bring her home. No doubt one of the happiest days of my cycling history.

P.S. The spell check didn't recognize the word " Aspencade" just thought I would let you know.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 09:38 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Goldwinger wrote :quote:P.S. The spell check didn't recognize the word " Aspencade" just thought I would let you know.

Hello

Did it recognise 1800? yes ? so its out with the old and in with the new .....

Good luck with the 1800 ,you will love it even more than your past love aspencade ..cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 10:23 AM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

16 weeks to get the nursery ready for the new baby. Like starting with a clean slate. I would be painting the walls white and the floor with grey or red floor paint (grey is better as you can see bits and pieces that fall easier, as well as oil and water leaks). If I really had time andwas in the moodI would put down those big fat floor tiles where the bike would be standing in it's spare time, with an aluminium or steel plate screwed down where the main stand digs in. A de-humidifier is a great buy, I got a big Luxaire one for free a few years ago and it keeps the air dry and pulls out about a gallon of moisture from the air every couple of days. Much better than a heater. I was lucky enough to have enough garage space to build a partition around where the bike goes so that it's well protected from dirt, water, flying tools (for those angry moments) and cars reversing into it etc. and there is still room enough for cars in the garage.
Don't forget to show us a picture when you get the 1800. Good luck!

PS, spellcheckers usually only reccy dictionary words. Aspencade etc wouldn't be in there. We can't add words to the database as fas as I know, as the spellchecker is part of the hosting service, ie out of my control.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 12:24 PM
The Irish Crew

Model: GL1100 Interstate
Post imported post

Yamaha RD350 powervalve. Heap of rubbish that broke my heart, but I have some great memories of it (when it ran). I'd do it all again.

Alan Fitzpatrick.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 02:11 PM

Post imported post

goldwinger wrote:
Quote:
One of the sadist days of my cycling history today. I took my 85 Aspencade into the dealer as the trade in on the 1800.
Hey goldwinger, Im very sorry for your troubles and having to part with your 1200. But your real motorcycle life is only about to begin in 16 weeks. This is the time to prepare for the coming of the King () Get your accessories organised and have them laid out in your garage or get the dealer to fit them for you. The important parts are, (1) Trunk Lid Spoiler fitted with Electrical Connection Plug and Play run/brake light, (2) Tulsa two piece Belly Pan, (3) Tulsa MirrorAir Deflectors, (4) Chrome pieces for Trunk and Saddlebags, (5) Chrome Rotor Cover, (6) Exhaust Turn Down Tips or the three hole straight tips, (7) Chrome/Rubber Frame Covers, (8) Kuryakyn Foot Pegs, (9) Front Fender Extension, (10) Kuryakyn chrome Widestyle Lever clutch and brake, (11) Utopia Backrest, (12) Chrome Front Lower Cowl, (13) Chrome Battery Side Covers, (14) Kuryakyn Air Intake Accents, (15) Show Chrome Handlebar Riser Shims, (16) Show Chrome Left/Right Control Panel Accent, (17) Show Chrome Passenger Floor Board Side Covers. I think I will stop there for the moment before your wife has a nervous break down, dont let her see this list. There are hundreds of accessories that can be bought for the but a line has to be drawn before you end up with a xmas tree. I bought all my bits from [email protected] in Texas and found him great to deal with. If you talk to him nice he will even throw in some smaller bits like,- Handlebar Clamp Plugs, Chrome Kill Switch Cover, Low Profile Plastic Rivets, Replacement Gromments, Chrome Easy Clip Cord Holder, Replacement Bulbs, etc. free of charge. Tell him a guy from Ireland sent you. Happy shopping.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Post imported post

Well guys, if you were wondering what to get me for Christmas, at this sad time in my life (And I am sure you all were ) I think Redwing has covered most of the basics. Lets not forgettwo fullface and one 3/4 face set of "Ed sets". And Iknow if I try hard enoughIcould find a way to get some joy from all of these things, and perhaps in some small way bring the meaning of Christmas back to me.. In these trying times. (Big sighhh) Just email me and I will give you my mailing address. maybe we could have a telethon or something? What's Jerry Lewis doing these days?? I hear he is still pretty big in France.

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page