Not yet an owner - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Joe in Modesto

Year: 2005
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800A
Post imported post

My wife and I have decided to take the plunge and buy a new 2005 Goldwing. This will be my first, but I have owned several other bikes over the years starting with my first Honda (a Super 90) in '66. We are shopping for the best deal in California and plan to purchase real soon. Any buying tips you guys might have for me would be apreciated.

Jomamma1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 04:01 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Hi and welcome to the forum ,,make sure you buy one with ABS on it also if you can get a bellypan fitted and CB ,,,the colour is another thing to think about ,,it is when you go to sell it you will find that the black is probably the hardest colour to sell ,,so ask plenty of questions ,Red has always been the best colour to sell ,,remember that the day you buy is the day you sell,,,the 1800 are a superb machine ,but treat it with respect ,,there is a lot more power than the older wings and you wont feel yourself hitting 100 mph so keep an eye on your speed ,,another important thing is a drivers backrest ,,the utopia type is probably the better of the 2 types because it leaves your passengers legs with plenty of room whereas the other type that bolts on to the rear grab handles make it a little bit unconfortable for the passenger ,,I am sure you will get lots of tips from here so just give it a day or two and you will have all the info you need ,,,remember there are a lot of good deals to be had ,,,so haggle haggle haggle ...btw ,,the black cherry is also a great seller. happy christmas to you .cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 05:08 AM

Post imported post

Good for you!! Here's the web site to the Kelly blue book (just in case you decide to buy used) http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.tp?kbb.FL;;FL103;&33707;rc&&zrc; Motorcycles

Other than if you buy used bike, look for the scratches in the normal place (foot pegs, handle bar grips, cargo containers) it's a great bike. They hold their value.
Best wishes.

Take baby steps first when checking a problem. Check the fuses first then go to the big stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 12:24 PM

Post imported post

Hi Jomamma1, your very welcome to the forum and visit often. When buying a NEW the two most important points are (1) ABS and (2) Colour must be RED. These two items cannot be included later as extrasThen you can use your plastic friend and spend mega bucks on all the extras that you could dream of to dress her up for the ball. Merry xmas to you and your wife.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page