Irish Treffen - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Hi

Can any of you tell me the cheapest way to book a ferry from Holyhead to dun-largie(spelt wrong)and with which company. I know such as John Little and friends use the ferrys all the time so any info would be appreciated. Best we have had is with Motorsport travel and its £87 without a trailer and approx £139.00 with

Thanks

Paul

2003 1800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Hi Paul ,There are always special deals ,try www.irishferries.com ,it is cheaper to book online ,I am going from Dublin to Holyhead next thurs on the jonathan swift fast ferry ,it is costing 94 euro return for myself and the bike ,thats around £60 ,But if you are coming to the treffen ,you should be heading for CORK ,not Dublin The treffen is on in BANDON west Corkthe last wekend in AUG ,which I believe is your bank holiday ,,As for the trailer ,,say nothing until you get to the boat ,,,chances are you wont get charged ,,cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 05:04 PM

Post imported post

Hi Paul,

If you want a more direct route, it is possible to take a Ferry direct to Cork from Swansea, which leaves you literally 20 miles (or 30km,you will need to get accustomed to metric if you are using Irish roads) from the Treffen site.it is an overnight job, so a cabin is essential. Check out https://online.swanseacorkferries.com But to be honest, I'm literally justback from a tour from Watford to Cork on my second bike (Honda Transalp) and I used the express Holyhead Dublin Port route whichtakes well under two hours to make thecrossing, this leaves much more time to enjoy driving through the scenic Irish countryside rather than hanging about on aferry, either way look forward to seeing you at the Treffen.

1996 GL1500 (Sold)
2000 Honda ST1100
2004 Transalp
1980 RD350LC (in boxes)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Thanks lads

I think motorsport travel is going to be hard to beat at £84 return,Holyhead to Dun -largieee(wrong again)it looks like thats the way to go as i live North of england and dont fancy a overnight boat from swansea

Thanks again

Paul

Do you like Hondas 2006 Model

Attached Images
File Type: jpg futuer goldwing.jpg (43.3 KB, 75 views)

2003 1800

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 08:05 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Hi Paul ,,take my advice and book online with irishferries it will save you money ,,cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 02:02 PM

Post imported post

Paul Barnes wrote:
Quote:
Do you like Hondas 2006 Model
Hey Paul Barnes, Nice machine. I just ordered one today, euro spec of course. I dont want to be tortured with, frame cracks, overheating, woobbbllllleeeeessssss Brakes etc. The only item she hasn't fitted is the Utopia Backrest and very well priced at 35k euro, ah well another remorg.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 05:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Littlejohn
Post imported post

A number of photos from the Irish Treffen 2004 have been posted on the N Ireland Website at www.gwocni.co.uk

They include a few shots of members leaving the site on the parade of nations. Enjoy.

Candy Red 2003 GL1800A3
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page