New Bike Purchase from Honda Direct Line - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I am about to buy a new Goldwing 05 ABS Dark Metallic Grey.

Was fairly impressed with the pricing from Hondadirectline.com and wondered if anyone here has purchased from them before out of state? How was the experience? Even suggestions on the whole process would be appreciated. I would fly into either florida or ohio on a one-way ticket and ride back to colorado.

THanks in advance,

BP

2001 CBR1100XX w/ Givi, XM, htd grips, corbin seat, Heli bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 01:02 PM

Post imported post

BP_Magic_Stick wrote:
Quote:
I am about to buy a new Goldwing 05 ABS Dark Metallic Grey.

Was fairly impressed with the pricing from Hondadirectline.com and wondered if anyone here has purchased from them before out of state?
Hey BP_Magic_Stick You are very welcome to the best forum on the net.I didn't buy an from Hondadirectline but Hal the guy who runs it is a really nice guy and verygood to deal with.

The other thing you should know is that RED is the fastest colour. Good luck with your purchase.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Well I had an '00 Valk tourer which was black and red it was pretty quick, then I bought my all red '01 XX and was even faster, so you may be on to something here with the red, I may have to rethink this one...

thx for the input on Hal and Direct Line.

Anyone else here in the states with feedback??

- BP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Post imported post

is the price that much better than a local dealer when figuring in the cost of the plane ticket.

steve

90 GL1500
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

What are the recommended break in procedures? Would this be a hinderance on picking up a new bike with a long trip home?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Local dealers want 17500 for non-ABS, Honda Direct Line is listed for 15900. Flight isn't a problem. My girlfriend works for the airlines. So anywhere Frontier flies so do I, for free till this summer, then raises to a whopping $50 round trip.

Break-in is a consideration but, correct me if I am wrong but there is no 600 mile scheduled maintenance for the new Wing, right? Plus hondas typical "break-in" is lower varied RPMs for the first 500 miles, correct? So I would probably take side roads for the first day or so.

I just have to decide if non-ABS is OK for me as that's all Honda Direct has left.

Thanks for everyones input.

- BP

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 07:45 PM

Post imported post

Not that I am a fan of dealers but I have heard that buying from a dealer makes it "friendlier" come the need for service. Just my 2 cents.

youth is wasted on the young

2007 midnight blue GL 1800
1976 Kawasaki KZ900 - my baby
1989 1500 goldwing
1986 Honda Rebel - wife\'s bike
2011 Can Am Spyder RT = wife's other bike
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 10:18 PM

Post imported post

You're saving $1600?

That might be worth traveling for ?

for only a $1000, I'd buy from a local dealer so you can get service from him if ever needed !

I would vary the "RPM's" on the way home even on the "Freeway/Expressway", don't get lured into letting them stay the same! After 600 miles I personally would ride it a little hard, to seat the rings, not REAL hard!

Change the "Shaft Oil" after 1000 miles, will probably have some metal shavings in there !

Get your knees in the Wind Brother !

Against the Wind !
"Patriot Guard Rider"/Nevada
GL 1100
Valkyrie "Fat Lady"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 02:56 PM

Post imported post

mjohnson wrote:
Quote:
Not that I am a fan of dealers but I have heard that buying from a dealer makes it "friendlier" come the need for service. Just my 2 cents.
needed warrenty work on my '86 (bought my NEW '86 in '88 and there was rust in the tank) and the service dept got lippy because I had bought it elsewhere and I had added a sidecar so they would not do the work (however had bought lots of parts there)... so I took the part home and replaced myself.

HOWEVER, that dealer NEVER got my business for parts again... and funny thing, Honda happened to call and ask if my warrentee experience was okay.... several days later the service manager just happened to call and ask if I got the part on okay and was everything okay
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 02:07 AM

Post imported post

BP_Magic_Stick wrote:
Quote:
Local dealers want 17500 for non-ABS, Honda Direct Line is listed for 15900.
I just have to decide if non-ABS is OK for me as that's all Honda Direct has left.

Thanks for everyones input.

- BP
Well, for $1,600, it may be worth a trip. Don't forget to add in the money you will have to pay in TAXES to your home state.
I saved almost $3,000 buying out of state, but at 7.5% of $16,000.00 the actual saving was closer to about $1,700.00
If you have to pay (and you will) tax on the purchase, you could wind up at $17,000.00 or MORE. Now, is it worth the few hundred dollars for all that ???
I guess it's a personal choice.

Jerry in Chicago-Land
2005 Candy Black Cherry
A Grand-paa and Luvin\' it!
I just wanna RIDE !!!
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page