2005 Wing colors - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I ve been looking at a 2005 wing.I was wondering which color or colors are the most popular in the U.K.and the U.S.It seems according to the local dealers here black cherry is the most popular then silver .Tanx for yur replies.P.S."yeah redwing...we know red is the fastest color"

You are never too old to have a happy childhood
05 CBC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 12:44 AM

Post imported post

Pssst...I'll let ya in on a secret if ya promise not to tell....

Candy Black Cherry is Definately the best color. Not only that, it's the FASTEST color as well. The only reason the folks driving the OTHER colors believe their color is the fastest, is because those of us in Candy Black Cherry Bikes ACTIVELY don't push the envelope in order to avoid embarrassing them. It's kinda like letting the kid with the ball play or score a basket...coz if you don't, they might just take their ball and go home. Hope that clears up a long standing MIS-Understanding that's been around for some time now.

Jerry in Chicago-Land
2005 Candy Black Cherry
A Grand-paa and Luvin\' it!
I just wanna RIDE !!!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 06:47 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

The only reason candy black cherry is the favourite ,is because the did not have the candy red in 2005 ...Make no mistake RED is the best colour in all the wings ,,evenif you prefere silver or yellow or black ,,when a red wing comes up for sale it sells almost straight away ,wheras the other colours take a lot longer to sell ,,,,cheers Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 07:03 AM

Post imported post

wexman wrote:
Quote:
The only reason candy black cherry is the favourite ,is because the did not have the candy red in 2005 ...Make no mistake RED is the best colour in all the wings ,,evenif you prefere silver or yellow or black ,,when a red wing comes up for sale it sells almost straight away ,wheras the other colours take a lot longer to sell ,,,,cheers Ciaran
I wanted a black, 2000 model and snapped up a '98 one because the red was sooo much better!

Give it some gas..!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Post imported post

N9FRP wrote:
Quote:
Candy Black Cherry is the FASTEST color. Hope that clears up a long standing MIS-Understanding that's been around for some time now.
Hey N9FRP Your not around this forum long enough to clear up any misunderstanding about colours. I am the member who stated on this forum first that Red is the fastest colour and only after long and detailed discussions with the wingnut who has been the owner of Red wings for a long time. We came to the conclusion that no other colour could match Red.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 03:41 PM

Post imported post

trapper48 wrote:
Quote:
I ve been looking at a 2005 wing.I was wondering which color or colors are the most popular in the U.K.and the U.S. .P.S."yeah redwing...we know red is the fastest color"
Hey trapper48 You just answered your own question. RED

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 04:02 PM

Year: 1984
Make: Honda Goldwing
Model: GL1200 Interstate
Post imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Quote:
N9FRP wrote:
Quote:
Candy Black Cherry is the FASTEST color. Hope that clears up a long standing MIS-Understanding that's been around for some time now.
Hey N9FRP Your not around this forum long enough to clear up any misunderstanding about colours. I am the member who stated on this forum first that Red is the fastest colour and only after long and detailed discussions with the wingnut who has been the owner of Red wings for a long time. We came to the conclusion that no other colour could match Red.

Hey RedwingAre you ok? You did not mention to Trapper48 or N9FRP that they need to put their location in their profile...they need to say where they are before they give advice.....Right?

dean_3326

Riding Motorcycles For over 59 Years

Thank you Lord for all my blessings.

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump:

84 Interstate Candy Wineberry Red-U, R114CU

with Ventu Craft Trailer
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Post imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Quote:
Hey RedwingAre you ok? You did not mention to Trapper48 or N9FRP that they need to put their location in their profile...they need to say where they are before they give advice.....Right?
Yeah thats right dean_3326 I forgot to mention the LOCATION part. So come on you two update your profiles and complete the LOCATION section and tell us where you live before you start telling us what colour is the fastest.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 12:13 AM

Post imported post

I thought CHICAGO-land was quite explicit.lol. I think it's more specific than just "Texas" or West coast of Ireland.But, if you want to read it on the left side, instead of beneath my post, I'll accomodate you guys. lol

Jerry in Chicago-Land
2005 Candy Black Cherry
A Grand-paa and Luvin\' it!
I just wanna RIDE !!!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 02:29 PM

Post imported post

Hey N9FRP Thank you.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page