Biker girl??? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Afterclocking up 1000 miles on my 'wing I bit the bullet and asked her that must be obeyed if she fancied a ride on the back. Afterbuying her all the gear we set off for a gentle ride and bearing in mind that she has not been on the back of a bike since the days we were courting (35 years ago) she was great and she loved it. Now about that new 1800,,,,,,`

To old to die young.
2007 1800A Metallic Dark Blue
Ex County Durham/East Kilbride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:56 PM

Post imported post

Hey cbhon Well done to "She who must be obeyed" My neighbour is still trying to convince the wee woman who hangs around his place to get on the but she still refuses.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

I was shocked when the woman who hangs around here expressed an interest in the Goldwing and now actually wants to go for rides. Can't figure that woman out, she likes to fly in light aircraft, enjoys riding on the back of motorcycles (which I don't have the guts for) but is scared silly if the wind pipes up a little bit when we take our little sailboat out. She understands that the boat won't turn turtle, convinced her that the ballast will prevent that, but if the damn thing leans more than a little bit it's panic city. It's kinda hard to find a place to sail downwind all the time. But I appreciate her enjoying the bike, it makes it easier to justify those expenditures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 02:07 PM

Post imported post

HI CBHON,wish i had some of your luck,been trying for about 20 years but still no luck,think i will give up now as time has run out,her who must be obeyed prefers to go on holidays & out &about by Coach as i can not afford one of these i still ride solo,bikerfred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE174.jpg (84.1 KB, 33 views)

1200 aspencade 1985 Trike, count your blessings.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 08:07 PM

Post imported post

I had the same issue. She was totally intimidated by the size of the 83 Aspencade. Bought her a Helix to ride along side. She liked it so much that it was OK to get the new 1800.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 09:00 PM

Post imported post

Well, I've had the worst and best of both worlds. My ex-wife wouldn't let ME ride one (or buy one I should say). My current girlfriend, though, surprised me when I brought it home, not having warned her at all. Not only does she want to ride with me, she's already gone through three weekends of learning to ride it herself. That's saying a great deal, considering she's nearly six feet, but thin as a rail. I was surprised that she could handle its weight, and she even did extrememly well when it "got away from her" and sent her up a grassy embankment.

That's my girl! I love ya, Laura.

Jack

1983 GL1100 Interstate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

While I am really pleased that my other half has taken to motorcycling again like a duck to water, I hope she never wants to sit in the driving seat. I have been ina vehicle as a passenger with her driving and it is the best cure for constipation Ihave ever known.

To old to die young.
2007 1800A Metallic Dark Blue
Ex County Durham/East Kilbride
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:43 PM

Model: 2010
Garage
Post imported post

I can't even walk through the shopping mall with what's her name that she doesn't walk me into benches, or poles, or something cathes her eye and she does a right turn right into me. She is much better suited to the back of the bike where all are safe, including me! But she is one heck of a navagator walking me through the turn pikes and setting up my lanes when there are 8 to choose from and gets me going in the right general direction as I navigate through traffic and idiots that are all around me. I'm a country boy and don't have much fun trying to navigate through the big cities.

Kyle

2010 That is Black and has a Black Trailer on the Back.
2003 That is the fastest Red I've ever seen
Riding a 4 wheeler, 2 of them are on the trailer
My hair is white, my neck is red, my collar is blue.
Darkside #1721
2010 Rear-Bridgestone Driveguard 195/55R/16
2003 Rear-Goodyear Eagle Ultragrip 195/55R/16
Wild Rhino
Group of Ten (Those ten guys from Winnipeg)
AKA Wingerpeg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 11:42 PM

Post imported post

My gal likes to go for a spin on once in awhile but the whole time were out all I hear is "slow down, slow down". Or"hey, there's a Cracker Barrel".

81 CB750C
86 GL1200A
86 Gl1200SEi
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 01:48 PM

Post imported post

Hey pistolero Welcome to the forum buddy. Hope you enjoy the banter.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page