Polish. - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

I just noticed this neighbour of mine using Lemon Pledge to polish his

and it looks very good, but what he wants to know, Can he use this stuff on the windshield.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Redwing"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

I have been using pledge and Mr sheen on my windscreen for the past few years and it is excellent ,It was a guy in france who had a 1500 since 1990 and he used pledge all the time on his screen and after all this time there is not as much as a blemish on it and that is what convinced me to use it ,,,I also polished the bike with it ,but found the dust seems to settle on it very easily ..So I stick with turtle wax for the bike ...Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:28 PM

Model: '85 GL1200 Aspy
Send a message via Yahoo to SilverDave
Post imported post

[img]/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]Lemon Pledge has NO bad effects on Windshields,and painted body ----It is perfectly safe for Lexan , and plastic visor stuff. ¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*Its used by several dealers around here to fancy up the bikes for sale in the lot..... It is not as good as Plexus for "antistatic" (it does attract the dust!) ¬* ¬*and it does not cut thru the gunge as well as Honda cleaner / polish in the black can... but.. its available anywhere , whilst on the road.. and¬* if you keep applying it... it will waterproof your windshield for several days in a rainstorm[img]/forums/images/emoticons/dude.gif[/img]¬*it also makes your bike smell nice for a few hours...[img]/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif[/img]¬*SilverDave¬*

1985 Aspy Pinstriped Powder Blue & Matching blue Trailer.
"Mathematics is the Music of the Mind"

Gray-haired bikers don't get that way from pure luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:46 PM

Post imported post

SilverDave wrote:
Quote:
[img]/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]Lemon Pledge has NO bad effects on Windshields,and painted body ----It is perfectly safe for Lexan , and plastic visor stuff. Its used by several dealers around here to fancy up the bikes for sale in the lot..... It is not as good as Plexus for "antistatic" (it does attract the dust!) and it does not cut thru the gunge as well as Honda cleaner / polish in the black can... but.. its available anywhere , whilst on the road.. and if you keep applying it... it will waterproof your windshield for several days in a rainstorm[img]/forums/images/emoticons/dude.gif[/img]it also makes your bike smell nice for a few hours...[img]/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif[/img]SilverDave

That sure answeres my question--Thanks

Dean
Patriot Guard Rider
99 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
Iron Butt Association # 35456
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

The stuff works okay, if you have a big bug build up it's better to soak them a bit with water. As I said on another thread, I've used the stuff on aircraft and boat windshields for years with no harm to the plastic. It will shine up the bike too, but won't last as long as a good carnuba based wax.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

Thanks lads Since i told him that it was ok for the complete he hasn't stopped polising, he has even polished the rims with it. I told him our "Senior Guru"said it can be used on aircraft, so he says he will get one of his men to try it on his aircraft during the week. Hey wexman

He wants to know, can turtle wax be bought in the aerosol can.

"Redwing"

"The Rider Of The Fastest Colour"
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 03:15 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

They tried to put it in an aerosol can a few years back ,,but the turtle kept getting stuck in the nozzle

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 04:09 PM

Post imported post

hi all,ive always used any furniture polish that was at hand at the time ive been cleaning my bikes,plastics,chrome,painted surfaces its always worked for me? plus most if not all polishes are wax based as far as i can tell so in fact this should protect the surfaces cleaned with it ??? as for the wind sheild ive always used furniture polish,also theres no need for the more expensive brands ive used the cheapest makes and still got the same results,the cheapest one ive used was only 45 pence english money...bri,uk.

LEAVE WELL ALONE!!!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

Redwing wrote:
Quote:
Thanks lads Since i told him that it was ok for the complete he hasn't stopped polising, he has even polished the rims with it. I told him our "Senior Guru"said it can be used on aircraft, so he says he will get one of his men to try it on his aircraft during the week. Hey wexman
He wants to know, can turtle wax be bought in the aerosol can.
I've seen Turtlewax in aerosol but I don't think the formulation is the same.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Old School Guru

Year: 2007
Make: Goldwing
Model: GL1800 CSC Trike with Navi
Garage
Post imported post

Well you learn something every day. I would not had thought about the Lemon Pledge as a polish for the bike. A lot cheaper than some of the stuff out there.

Gene

Gene Lester
Present Bikes: 2007 GL1800 CSC Trike with Navi
Loud pipes don't save lives, they just annoy everyone.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The "United States of America", for an amount of up to and including their life. (Author unknown)

Proud member of the World Famous Wild Rhinos
Arkansas Chapter
Darksider #265
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page