Riding boots - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

I want to buy some riding boots, have never owned any. As some of you know, I just got my first Goldwing a few weeks ago, and I haven't owned a street bike for over 20 years. I know this is a very subjective thing, but that's OK. I'm looking for opinions. I want something that is functional and nice looking, but even more important than looks is comfort. I want to be able to walk around with them on and be comfortable. Can anyone here make some recommendations? I would prefer to buy them online because it is so much less expensive than buying locally.

Thanks,
John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Post imported post

John I wear Hein Gericke HG PSX BOOTS they are goretex short boots , waterproof wind proof yet they breath dont know if they are available in USA but if they are you should try them . Best boots Ive ever had.

1982 cany red 1100 Interstate
Chrome wont get you home. / Skype goldwingnut /RBLR . "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow we gave our today" Colin
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 PM

Post imported post

John I wear cruiserworks, they are light weight good looking waterproof not too hot in the summer warm in the winter. You caan walk in them all day. I've got 3 pair.

They are kind of pricey but worth it to me

Good luck

2002GL1800 Yamaha 1100 VStar Classic Wifes ride 2008 Dodge 3500 D/C 1 to dually 4x4 2006 Raptor Toy Hauler
Happiness is Money in your Pocket Clear Skies and the wind in your face
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

I don't know but any thing but leather seems a bit heretical!Semi ratty brown leather jacket and beat up brown leather boots combined with blue jeans, man I'm a real fashion plate. Not just any jeans either, those $13 Costco cheapies.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
TOJ

Post imported post

Hi,

I think the only motorcycle wear I ever bought at a dealer were winter gloves.

My leather jacket came from Wilson, you can find them in any big mall, I wear engineer boot most of the time, various brands, never the high buck stuff. I have a rain suit, bought at a motorcycle swap meet.

Tom
1985 Aspencade, cool blue
(O^O)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 PM

Year: 1984
Make: Gold Wing
Model: Aspencade 1200
Post imported post

Boots? I wear...darn, I have no idea. Boots are boots, aren't they. Good leather vs. good leather. What's the difference?

1984 Honda Gold Wing 1200 c.c.
2000 Honda Shadow American Classic Edition 1100 c.c.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Sir Slink wrote:
Quote:
John I wear cruiserworks, they are light weight good looking waterproof not too hot in the summer warm in the winter. You caan walk in them all day. I've got 3 pair.

They are kind of pricey but worth it to me

Good luck
Thanks guys. This is some good info. I'm still interested in more input if anyone cares to.

Sir Slink, I have been reading reviews all evening and looking at prices. I cannot find a bad review on Cruiserworks boots. Here's one link from another Goldwing owner who has written reviews on all kinds of things. Cruiserworks Boots This guy raves about them. He states that there has been a lot of frustration in finding the right boots, what I want to avoid. ) His site might be valuable to others here for his reviews. He states that he knows they are subjective, but he tells you of his experiences and appears to be honest about them.

Shrek, I found some info that some fairly local dealers carry some Hein Gericke stuff, but it does not appear that boots are included. I may call a couple of them to find out if they carry the boots. They seem to get some pretty good reviews too.

Thanks again,
John

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 AM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

My son has the Heine Gericke boots and they prove comfortable and watertight. Watch out though, if you do find them, not all their boots are deamed watertight.

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 09:31 AM

Model: 76 GL1000
Post imported post

I wear my standard work boots (8" all leather double capped steed toe jump style boots) furnished by Uncle Sam

1976 GL1000 Nekkid!!
formerly had
1980 CX500
1981 GL500 SilverWing
1985 Honda GL1200 LTD
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 09:55 AM

Post imported post

TOJ wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I think the only motorcycle wear I ever bought at a dealer were winter gloves.

My leather jacket came from Wilson, you can find them in any big mall, I wear engineer boot most of the time, various brands, never the high buck stuff. I have a rain suit, bought at a motorcycle swap meet.
Funny you should mention high dollar stuff. I looked at a new leather jacket from Wilson's, had to run not walk away from the store. They wanted over $300.00 for a classic motorcycle jacket. If I wanted to spend that much on a jacket I'll go to the harley shop. I managed to get one from a local bike shop and picked up a set of chaps for just over $300.00 with tax.

Now for the boots. I didn't pay anything for my boots. made from tough leather with steel toes. I got them when I was in the Navy. Had the good sense to get a few more pair before I got out.

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together!!

The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page