safety course and licence - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to chskbak
Post imported post

well i have had many motorcycles over my life starting when i was 17 i am now 43 i have never had my licence i just jumped on and rode. i decided this time around i should get my licence. i got a permit and signed up for a local safety course were at the end of the course if passed you get your licence. well all went well i got 100% on both the written and driver skills test so i am not a licenced driver, the safety course was fun and i learned a lot would recomend it to any one.

1980 GOLDWING INTERSTATE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 08:44 AM

Post imported post

Congratulations on your passing of both test. It feels great to be legal now doesn't it? That was a very wise decision to take the safety course. Did you take the beginners course where they furnished the bike? Hope you told your insurance agent about the course to get a discount.

Way to go. Continue to ride safe and enjoy it to the fullest.

Dirt

Ride smart and safe

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to chskbak
Post imported post

yes it was the beginer course and used there bikes. there was one guy in the class with us who never even rode on a bike before and a few girls who have only rode as passengers before the class, it was a great course.

1980 GOLDWING INTERSTATE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 07:29 PM

Post imported post

After a couple thousand miles, Jerry motorman ( http://www.ridelikeapro.com ) has a great slow manuver course to truly challenge your skill. And for those of you who think you are at the level of Motor Officers, try the 18' figure 8....

2007 NAVI
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Rinkopr wrote:
Quote:
After a couple thousand miles, Jerry motorman ( http://www.ridelikeapro.com ) has a great slow manuver course to truly challenge your skill. And for those of you who think you are at the level of Motor Officers, try the 18' figure 8....
I had to do the figure 8 in 24' in my course and it was tough on the 1200. I probably could have cleared 20' on one of the runs, but 18'! I'm curious nowto see if my brother could do it on my bike. He was a motor officer for several years. Hmm, I'll have to set something up sometime just for grins.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 PM

Post imported post

I took an 18 year hiatus from motorcycles, and when I picked it back up last fall, I realized that either I'd forgotten a lot about riding motorcycles, or I'd been left out in the rain too many times. So, I enrolled in a safety course, and brushed up on the fundamentals. I highly recommend it to anyone.

2002 GL1800
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Still a winger at heart.

Model: Sure wish I could ride...
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to UbarW
Post imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Quote:
I had to do the figure 8 in 24' in my course and it was tough on the 1200. I probably could have cleared 20' on one of the runs, but 18'! I'm curious nowto see if my brother could do it on my bike. He was a motor officer for several years. Hmm, I'll have to set something up sometime just for grins.

John
John... Maybe you should puta few mattresses down, just in case...

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders-Id: 79170

Panel 16W - Line 33

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

ubarw wrote:
Quote:
John... Maybe you should puta few mattresses down, just in case...
That would be funny. The good thing about this wing though, it just lands on the crash bar and when you pick it up, you can't even tell it's been down.

Nice new Avatar. Did you make it today?

John

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > General > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page