Trikes and more trikes - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

The Edmonton Journal; with files from Bloomberg
Published: Saturday, September 02, 2006

EDMONTON, AB, Canada - Traditional Harley-Davidson owners may be snickering down the highway, but Westlock's Lehman Trikes is laughing all the way to the bank after signing a deal with the legendary motorcycle manufacturer to produce a three-wheeled hog.

Lehman shares (TSXV:LHT) jumped more than 200 per cent Friday after the deal was announced to build trikes on a Harley platform and brand them as original equipment.
The company is delighted and honoured to be chosen, Lehman USA president Daniel Patterson said in a release.
"Lehman continues to provide innovative options to the motorcycle enthusiast, leveraging off its 20 years of experience of providing quality trike products and customer service."
Lehman, which produces trikes, conversion kits and accessories at Westlock and Spearfish, North Dakota, already has agreements with Honda and Suzuki to produce branded trikes.
Harley-Davidson vice-president Ron Hutchinson said the company is continually looking to develop new products and expand the appeal of its brand.
"Trikes are another way we can inspire the dream of owning a Harley-Davidson."
Adding three-wheelers gives Harley "access to less experienced riders, less confident riders," said Kevin Tynan, an analyst at New York-based Argus Research. "They would hope to move them up through the product portfolio."

Milwaukee-based Harley-Davidson is the world's most profitable motorcycle maker, but sales growth has slowed in each of the past three years, falling from 20 per cent in 2002 to seven per cent last year.

Neither company gave details on the timing of the project or when the trikes would be available for sale.
Lehman shares closed at 92 cents on the Toronto Stock Exchange up 62 cents, or 206 per cent.
Shares of Harley-Davidson rose 46 cents to $58.97 in early trading Friday on the New York Stock Exchange.

Bob
\'99 GL1500 SE w/CSC Trike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 04:16 AM

Post imported post

think i will stick with my Goldwing 1800 csc trike until Honda bring out a bigger engine size.

\'08 GL1800 CSC Cobra Trike (In the fastest colour)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

You think they will have the different selections available now ? Seems to me the aftermarket kits offer a little more selection for designs than if the factories start churning them out.
I also heard that just about all of them are considering a straight axle with no IRS. I would rather have the CSC suspension myself.

Bob
\'99 GL1500 SE w/CSC Trike
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page