Fire creek windshields - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

hi all, i just saw this link to fire creek and was wondering if any of you have tried one of there windshields for the 1500gl . i just bought a tulsa extra tall and now i see this one. geeeez.
http://www.firecreekacc.com/wind_bender.html

cyclepath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:52 AM

Post imported post

there's a thread about sport bikes riding a strip called tail of the dragon or something like that. One of the guys on that thread mentions his and has a picture of his bike with it on plus this link

cagers on cell phones scare me
I owe my life to a Stebel Nautilus
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:04 AM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Have not used one ,but it does look very interesting ,

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yes it is Gaelic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

Looks interesting but I was wondering if you'd get more water into the instrument panel in the rain. It's a similar idea to the electric windscreen on the BMW.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:50 AM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

Looks pretty cool, but $675 for the electric version! Oh well, they don't make them for the 1200 anyway.

John

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

exavid, the windscreen on my v-strom is mounted away from the cowling by about and inch or a little more. i get no water coming under the screen for some reason. you would think that water would come up the back side of the screen but it does not????? riding in the down pour trip last spring nothing got wet behind the screen except what would be normal run off from the around the edges of the screen. something to note about this gap under the screen........ even though the screen is much smaller then the wing screen i get no buffeting and no wind slapping me in the back accross the shoulders like i do on the wing..... even with the new tulsa extra tall i get this wind on the back. maybe i need to add the vent in the screen that tulsa has for sale as an option:P i will post pics of the v-strom screen if you want to have a looksee.

cyclepath
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

I wondered because in heavy rain I get water bubbling up behind my windshield where it contacts the rubber pad. I don't get much buffeting and I've got my windshield cut down to 20" height. I like the idea of having the minimal windshield that gives good protection. I have a vent for my screen but haven't installed it, I should go put it in but have been hesitating in case I don't like it after it's in. Kind of hard to convince myself to cut a hole in my nice Cee Bailey windshield.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:30 PM

Post imported post

I've always ridden with the vent open to minimize the buffeting caused by low pressure behind the screen.
I'd like to hear a couple of testimonials before spending that sort of cash...

Give it some gas..!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 02:41 PM

Model: GL1800
Post imported post

I've got the manual version on my GL1500 last spring and have been pleased. Good quality. The slide arrangement for raise/lower held up fine in the worst gusty winds I ever expereinced last summer in ND. No problem with water on gauges and I ride with a low setting looking over. Recommended.

2003 GL1800, 05 FJR1300, 1998 TL1000R, 2003 1978 KZ750
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

cldryder wrote:
Quote:
I've got the manual version on my GL1500 last spring and have been pleased. Good quality. The slide arrangement for raise/lower held up fine in the worst gusty winds I ever expereinced last summer in ND. No problem with water on gauges and I ride with a low setting looking over. Recommended.
hi cld, got a couple of questions for ya if you don't mind. first off i am 6'2" tall with a 32 inch inseam. long torso, neck and head anyway that is why i bought the tulsa extra tall. it did eliminate the buffetting on the head but i am still getting slapped accross the back in the shoulder area by the wind. one of the reasons i bought the tulsa was to keep my pillion rider from getting her head buffeted around and now i am not sure this screen will help. she hasn't been on the bike yet since i changed the screen but i am still getting it in the back as with the old stock screen. how does yours work as far as wind turbulence goes

cyclepath
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page