Paint colors - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Year: 1995
Make: Yamaha Virago
Model: 1985 GL1200 I w/LTD body(SOLD :( )
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to fysty-1
Post imported post

Does anyone know if any of the wing color compare with Mother's other vehicle colors? Because Honda powersports do not have their own body shops, I was wondering if I when to a Honda cage dealer body shop to check out the color comparisons of the various GL paint code colors ie the various shades of Blue.
Before anyone jumps in; I'm not looking for the fastest color, just the prettiest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela, aka fysty-1(R) & Dani(L), S.Surrey, B.C.
1985 Gold Wing GL1200 I(SOLD Apr/2012)
No matter how blue it may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky.
Blue is not the fastest color, but it is the prettiest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(women only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Post imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if any of the wing color compare with Mother's other vehicle colors? Because Honda powersports do not have their own body shops, I was wondering if I when to a Honda cage dealer body shop to check out the color comparisons of the various GL paint code colors ie the various shades of Blue.
Before anyone jumps in; I'm not looking for the fastest color, just the prettiest.
Don't know if the cage and bike colors are the same, but I think NAPA auto parts can match any of the colors if you have the code.

Got NAPA ????

Tim

Living the American Dream ...Cruising on the BLACK Batmobile...
MSF Rider Coach

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Garage
Post imported post

Was Wannabewing wrote:
Quote:
fysty-1 wrote:
Quote:
Don't know if the cage and bike colors are the same, but I think NAPA auto parts can match any of the colors if you have the code.

Got NAPA ????

Tim
Ya know Tim, I really don't know if we have NAPA here.

(women only)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 PM

Post imported post

Maybe this .... NAPA in Canada

Tim

MSF Rider Coach

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Garage
Post imported post

Was Wannabewing wrote:
Quote:
Maybe this .... NAPA in Canada

Tim
Thanks Tim. There is one just around the corner, about 3mi. That's great

(women only)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 02:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to britman Send a message via Yahoo to britman
Post imported post

my neighbour took a paint chip off of his wineberry 1100 to a place where they put it on a glass plate and then a computor does somthing and matches the chip and they put it in a rattle can for you for about 12 bucks and it came out as a toyota colour and it matched it you would never know the front fender had been touchedup

hi im gary and i suffer from MBS [multiply bike syndrome ] once you have one bike you need more than one and i need help getting more
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Garage
Post imported post

From what I have seen here on the forum, I am sure it is a stock color ( PB155 pearl martin blue ), but without a listed paint code I really can't be 100% sure. When I repaint, I will put code & color into the owner's manual for any future owners. If people would do this with all vehicles that have had color changes done, it would save a new owner a real pain in the neck if they needed to touch-up

(women only)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM

Post imported post

Angela, Have you checked with your local NAPA to see if they have a paint dept??

After I posted that the other night, I realized that just because my local hickville NAPA has it , that doesn't mean they all do.

Good luck with the paint job.

Tim

MSF Rider Coach

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Old Broad

Garage
Post imported post

Was Wannabewing wrote:
Quote:

Angela, Have you checked with your local NAPA to see if they have a paint dept??

After I posted that the other night, I realized that just because my local hickville NAPA has it , that doesn't mean they all do.

Good luck with the paint job.

Tim
No Tim. Not as yet as I work the deadman's shift & so I haven't had the ambition to venture out. Probably will in net 2 days tho.

(women only)
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page