Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

single carburetor

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Steelrod 
#1 ·
imported post

I have a goldwing 1200A, one of my carburator have a hole in the diaphragm (valve throtlle) the part cost new $150.00 and I have no luck finding this part in e-bay or other used part suppliers. well I am going to build a instake manifold for one carburator. I went to the junk yard this morning and I found a 1984 toyota carburator, the motor is around 1500 cc close enough for my needs. I just need gather some more information about how to build the intake correctly.

well I let you know how work later on.

#4 ·
imported post

I happened to notice your post....you did not say what year your bike is but a 1200 might be 84,86? Have you tried Bike Bandit for parts?

One thing I have done for a temporary fix on these throttle valve diaphrams is use 3M liquid tape. Yep.......it works...clean the rubber well, and apply several coats of this 3M liquid tape. It will surpise you...will last a couple years. That is if it is pin holes or small cracks. A large tear...no it would not work. But small holes, it does well. As for cleaning the rubber use warm water and soap, do not use any solvents it will just make it worse. Kit

#9 ·
imported post

I say go for it! I'd love to try a single carb. Let us know what you find out, what works and what doesn't.

#11 ·
imported post

Hi, Cycle innovation is out of business I all ready check the web site and phone #, I don't want to use a Holley carburetor, because they are expensive, I am using a two barrel carburetor from a 1984 Toyota, it have a different base that Holley carb. after that is going to be the same (like the picture) I am a welder fabricator, (aluminum and steel) any way, I am not going to worry about, till I get the motor back together. a soon i can I going to put pic of my progress.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.