Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Glad everyone is basicallyalright, CC!

Shame about the bike being bashed. Just glad it wasn't any worse.

Yup, tourist time here in the Okanagan, is a real treat. with lots of them not knowing where the Hell they're going.

Dusty

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:47 AM

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt worse CC.

Under the circumstances and her lack of interest in your wellbeing, I would definately go for the jugular and claim every penny you can, as per hatchetman's advice.

Hope you and the wife aresoon recovered and the bike is soon sorted.

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:42 AM

Year: 2001
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800A (ABS)
Post imported post

Here the offence is careless driving (hefty fine and loss of points) No mitigating circumstances...never. AND this is why I have a rear brake light modulator fitted. They could never say they didn"t see me .. what"s going on with the print here...my eyes are going...

Having a Great Time in Mandurah, Western Australia with my Hot Rod Yellow 2001 GL1800A with $5000 of Acc. which I didn"t pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:43 AM

Post imported post

Nothing wrong with the print in the post...on my"puter it was tiny..

Having a Great Time in Mandurah, Western Australia with my Hot Rod Yellow 2001 GL1800A with $5000 of Acc. which I didn"t pay for.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:47 AM

Post imported post

OOPS..sad isn"t it ???

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 03:32 AM

Model: GL1000
Post imported post

Sorry to hear it CC, but glad you're relatively alright.
If you need any help with IckyBicky give me a shout. I had a girlfriend awhile back that was in a fight with them, so I went to UBC law library and studied all the insurance statutes. I got her 10G with one meeting in an afternoon when lawyers were getting nowhere.
That's the kicker, because lawyers you hire on your side automatically create lawyers on theirs, and you may have seen the cartoon with a cow in it with one person pullin on the horns, one pullin on the tail, and a lawyer settin there milkin it in the middle....

I once heard a stat that ICBC pays out 90 percent of its settlements on the courthouse steps.
Don't take it that far. Know what you got comin, and tell them face to face what you expect. You'll most likely get a check.
All medical bills, including massage, chiro etc. with a Doctor's note are covered. If you can get a Doctor's note saying it would be helpful, it's covered. Thai massage, Swedish touch...
Also, loss of work is covered. You have to serve them notice that you aren't working, and if memory serves you should receive a check within 10 days.
You're a smart guy. All that stuff is in the library. Once you buckle down and start reading it ain't so bad. It's the law, so they have to pay. That's the beauty part. The only way they get away with it is when people don't know the law.

1975 GL1000
If Goldwings were whiskey they'd always be served neat.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 06:37 AM

Model: GL1100 / GL1200
Post imported post

(Sung to the tune of Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain)

In the tail lights' glow, I see 'em
Blue hairs driving in my lane
When she hit me and departed
I knew there'd be no insurance claim.

Lucky I'm a paid up member
Here comes good ole' Triple-A
From the tow truck I remember
blue hairs driving in my lane.

Glad to hear you're both ok!

Mike

Mike Kramer

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: Now."

Denis Waitley
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 07:04 AM

Post imported post

I'm glad to hear that you and the wife came out okay. Sorry about the bike.

Be sure to really watch the next few days as far as how you feel. Too many times I've done things where I really should have gone the the doctor or even the ER and didn't, then days and months later, said to myself "D**n you are so stupid"

Neck and back pains and injuries can show up later on and then it's too late.

"The Duke of" Earl.
PGR member
IBA member #32000
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Village Whack Job...

Model: '81 GL1100 Interstate
Garage
Post imported post

There has been some high powered griping about insurance rates. Everyone poking fingers at folks who ride without a helmet, at folks who ride or drive without insurance. Blame has been tossed at those who carry too little insurance. At careless drivers. Basically pointing the finger at everyone except those most responsible for skyrocketing insurance rates.

The folks making claim sthat "shoot for the moon". Those who pad the claim with "massage and chiro". Taking off work. Those trying to get every damn dime they can out of someone else's insurance.

No don't get me wrong. I think the victim is entitled to reasonable compensation. REASONABLE.

Yes the full value of the motorcycle should be compensated. Yes all NECESARRY medical expenses should be covered. But this greedy sue 'em for everything you can get attitude just stinks. Those who believe in this hav eNO RIGHT to bitch about insurance rates what so ever.

I do not mean to offend folks with this. But I truly find such attitudes disgusting. I understand the desire to punish the person at fault. I truly sympathise with CC and his wife for their misfortune. However I do NOT see any justifiable reason for going after an exhorbitant insurance claim just because you can.

Insurance rates are not high because of uninsured drivers, or because of fast cars, or inattentive drivers. Insurance rates are high for one reason and one reason only. Exhorbitant insurance claims.

Ok I'll hop off my soapbox and burn it now.

P.G.R. Member ID: 88374

Our Soldiers are what make us strong. Without them there would be no USA.

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:25 AM

Year: 2014
Model: GL1800 Airbag
Garage
Post imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Quote:
pbus wrote:
Quote:
What is the law in Canada for choking a small, yappy, dog?

What's the law for choking a small, yappy, dog OWNER????

Ditto on the glad you're both ok.
Believe me My wife is definitely the one this woman owes her dogs life to... I wanted to drop kick it into the ocean!!!! Would have been a nice punt too OHH well probably for the best!!!
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope everything work out OK. You did remind me about this video though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FhGTo5RZw

Bob Smith
NASSIR 4 Pictures

Wild Rhinos - Ontario Chapter

2014 GL1800 Airbag
2007 V Star 1300 (Hers)
2000 Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe 750 (Sons)
Previously owned: 1985 GL1200 A - (2X)2000 GL1500A

If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page