Going camping - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Panatellos
Post imported post

I was just wonderin how many on this forum do fall camping.There have been several good checklist posted lately.

Oct. 11 Texas Renaisance Festival starts and runs till after Thanksgiving this year. I have been going to this faire for 26yrs now and look forward to it every year.Nearly every weekend I camp there. http://www.texrenfest.com/

This will be the first year I will be camping with the Goldwing. I was with a large group in the past few years. I am no longer part of that group so I am not taking nearly as much....... cheaper to feed 2 than 42...... (long stroy about a bad night of others jumping to conclusions). How in the world do you pack the saddle bags and trunk?????I am going to make some practice runs and find the best way to pack for my wife and myself....... Think I will leave the armor at home.... hmmmmmmm

Pan

So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!

I am not illiterate...... I know damn well who my parents are !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 09:55 PM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

We haven't be to the Renaisance in years......But knowing that you will be there every weekend We might try to get out there to visit....eat like a pig, chase the wenches, Lord help me if I caught one...And give Merlin a hard time.....Just out of crousity how much the tickets going for now????

Well if you live near Texas this is the Fesitiaval to come too....It started as just one mans idea of a fun thing to do, and now its THE TEXAS RENAISANCE to attend all others are just weak wanna be's....

Caude....

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Panatellos
Post imported post

If it has been a while since you have gone it is much different than just a few years ago. It is much more tame and family friendly than it used to be. Tickets for opening weekend will be $11.00 and normally $21.00. I am still trying to narrow down what to pack. I think just my wife and I will be going alone first weekend and leaving the kids. (going to be hard. I may have to check the trunk to see if one sneaks in.)We have friends from all over the world come every year, and every year we make new friends.

Pan

So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!

I am not illiterate...... I know damn well who my parents are !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 AM

Post imported post

Now this brings back fond memories of living near Conroe for many years. We went to the festival for several years ......back in the day...................enjoy.

Tim

Living the American Dream ...Cruising on the BLACK Batmobile...
MSF Rider Coach

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page