Heated Clothing - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Year: 2008
Make: Goldwing
Model: 2008 90,000 Miles
Post imported post

Hi all. I am thinking of getting a Gerbing jacket liner. I choose Gerbing as the heating elements and wiring come with a lifetime warranty and the clothing can be hand washed. One thing that concerns me is the placement of the heat troller. There seem to be 3 types. Portable as in putting it in a pocket or pouch. Semi portable as in mounting with a hook or velcro. And then of course permanent. I was wondering what works for you forum members. I drive an 08 and it has Nav.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 PM

Post imported post

I'm in the same boat but maybe slightly further down the road. I've ruled out the portable. I have the Gerbings jacket liner and when I bought it I got the the portable (dual) controller. I am not keen on it. It won't stay on my belt because the jacket knocks it loose. Some have suggested placing it on a belt around the leg, or on/in a pouch on the gas flap. But I don't like either idea. I am trying to decide between the semi permanent and permanent mounts. What model goldwing are you installing on?

Mike C
\'99 GL1500 Aspencade
Candy Spectra Red
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:11 AM

Post imported post

I just got the jacket liner and gloves from Gerbing's. They are wonderful. I bought the case for the heater controls and it clips to your belt or chaps pocket if you wear them. My wife told me to go get the heated pants liner and socks for Christmas so she will know that I will be completely warm because I refuse to quit riding in the winter months. The Gerbin heated clothing is one of the best purchases I have made!

Bernie

GL1500 Valkyrie
Work for tomorrow, live for today.
Live life like you mean it!
American Legion Member
Patriot Guard Rider Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:37 PM

Post imported post

I just purchased Gerbings jackets for wife and I while we were at the Seattle cycle show at Qwest field. I bought the permanent switches. Two each for each of us incase we get gloves or ??. They are about a 1 3/4 inch long behind the knob. Anyway, when I got back, started to wonder where the best place is to mount switches. My 08 GL1800 with NAVI does not seem to have a lot of extra space to mount two switches each for the both of us. Any ideas on best place to install the switches? They came with some little LED's also to tell you when the switches are turned on.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 AM

Post imported post

I used the portable controller because I didn't want to velcro them to the bike. They have the LED lights to let you know they are on as well. I used the socks this past weekend and could not believe the difference they made in my comfort level! No matter which controller you use their products work great.

Bernie

GL1500 Valkyrie
Work for tomorrow, live for today.
Live life like you mean it!
American Legion Member
Patriot Guard Rider Member
Vietnam Veteran 68/69
MSF Instructor
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page