Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rode 308 miles today

474 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Foodman 
#1 ·
imported post

One of the advantages of retirement is not being tied to the weekend and what ever weather your lucky enough to get for a ride.

I usually check the weekly forecast and look for possibilities a few days in advance. Even so, I still end up with some rain, fog or wind that the weatherman didn't tell me about. There name needs to be changed to weather guessers. :p

Today was different ... the forecast for Branson was clear sunny skies with a high of 58. In Morrilton it was supposed to get up to 61. That looked perfect for a ride. So this morning I got up to 26 degrees and waited until 9:00a.m. before leaving. This time of year it is good to give the deer some time to settle down.

I went to Russellville and took hwy 7 to Harrison and from there took 65 on in to Branson. I had hwy 7 completely to myself. There were probably 10 vehicles running South between Dover and Jasper. It was a nice quiet ride.

Now, back to the weather. At 2:15 running South out of Bransonon hwy 65 the temperature was 64 degrees! :shock: The weather guesser actually got it wrong in my favor this time! :clapper:

BTW: Did not see a single deer anywhere!

See less See more
#4 ·
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
:pYou lucky dog!!!!!! Some of us have to work.:p
Yeah! I was working to ... push right for that right hand curve ... then push to the left for thatleft hand curve ... all day long .... :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

#6 ·
imported post

Ah retirement,
You can go when you want and not worry about when you come back..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.