Honda Direct Line - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

2 weeks ago I ordered an item from them and it had not arrived in what I thought was more than reasonable time so this morning I called them. Turns out the item is on back order. This would not be a problem if they had contacted me to let me know of the situation. I was counting on it to be here for last weekend then for this weekend and had I known I would not be getting it from them I would have tried to get it from another source. Me thinks I won't be ordering from them any more.:P

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

Honda Direct Line is slow, but they can supply things that a lot of other places can't and their prices are about as low as they come. I bought a brand new OEM seat for my '93 1500, it took them about seven weeks to come up with it but the cost was only $168.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 AM

Post imported post

I had the same experience, lack of contact, other than that they are inexpensive for good quality parts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

I can agree with the good prices but if I didn't want it until 6 weeks later I would have waited 5 weeks to order it and I would like to be informed if it's going to be a while.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 06:19 AM

Model: GL1500SE
Post imported post

I got the same treatment from NAPA up here on belts and I had prepaid for the parts. The bike would have still been sitting on the shop floor in pieces if I didn't call them. Ended up getting ones from Mother H.

Len
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Probationary

Model: VTX 1300
Post imported post

I once waitedover 9weeks for carb parts...May to Aug.

Spent my weekends/weeknights working on the house...with tears on the nice days that summer. The company yanked me a week at a time with a load of good excuses & promises.

KANWINGS / Wild Rhinos
Kansas Patriot Guard
God Bless America
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 AM

Post imported post

I betcha one of my customers is upsit with me too. I have this one who has not paid me. He called me Monday and said he had an apartment with water leaking out of the ceiling.

So I told him, you know the Piggly Wiggle Store on the Corner of the road by the interstate? Yes he says. Well I told him they have drinking straws for sale at that store, hows about you go buy yourself a box of them and go suck up all that water. Kit.

Hey fellows not trying to overlook your bad luck with shipping, this just popped into my head when I read this. I will tell one of them things like this sometimes. I also have a good one for those salesmen that call me all the time. Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 07:52 AM

Post imported post

I have found that if I am going to use them, I will check bikebandit first to see if a part is discountinued..... I have found honda direct will allow me to order a discountinued part which will jack up the shipping fee..... you get the point
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 08:22 AM

Post imported post

If I need an OEM part bad enough, I just call Keith at my local Honda dealer. He let's me know right quick what is available and where it's located.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM

Post imported post

Hi David,

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I was buying a present for the other half, and allowed 2 months for it to arrive. It came a week after her birthday. I will not be ordering anything else from these people

Chris
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page