Half helmets and bluetooth - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

With the recent events with my daughter, (It was 2hrs before they could reach me) My daughters boyfriend set me up aAT&T Go Phone . (He really is a good kid but don't tell him I said that). I ended up with his old samsung sync and he was telling me about it and showing me how to work it and such and my daughter mentioned it had bluetooth so I could get a head set and answer the phone while I was on the bike.

I know they make helmets with the headset built in but that is out of the question untill funds get much much better. Does anyone know if they make a inexpensive headset that will work with a half helmet and the wind noise not overpower the mic? Iunderstand I wouldlikely have to talk louder but with the windshield I thought it might work.

I don't see me getting a headset anytime soon but figured it would make for a good conversation and I need the distraction from worrying about her surgery tomarrow ..

Thanks for humoring me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Lost on this *****

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Post imported post

I'm not real sure how all that stuff works. I'm not the type to worry about the phone while I'm riding. I can always stop in order to use the phone. But I did save this site that someone posted before. I don't know if it would apply to what you want, but maybe it can give you an idea,,,,,,, or even call them for ideas

Connect your cellular cell phone to your aviation or motorcycle headset and ai

Scroll down and click for the Motorcycle products.

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Panatellos
Post imported post

I wear a half helmet and this is the bluetooth I use. It is a motorola S9 and it works well while on the Wing. It is a stereo set so it also plays the music from my phone.
It is a bit expensive but there are lesser expensive stereo bluetooth sets out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7768-799481-d.jpg (8.8 KB, 67 views)

Pan

So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!

I am not illiterate...... I know damn well who my parents are !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 01:33 PM

Model: GL1100 / GL1200
Post imported post

One of the guys I ride with is a techno-geek like me, and he uses one of these:

Jawbone Bluetooth Headset

He really likes it because he can be riding down the road with it, and anybody he calls has no idea.

Mike Kramer

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: Now."

Denis Waitley
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Goldwing Addict :-)

Model: GL1500SE, GL1200A
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jluvs2dive Send a message via MSN to Jluvs2dive Send a message via Yahoo to Jluvs2dive
Post imported post

You want something with good noise-cancelling. The Jawbone is supposed to be the best for that, but it is also pricey. I have one and like it pretty well. You can get one on eBay for around $60-65 or retail for $100+. There are others that are supposed to have decent noise cancelling that are a little cheaper. You will also want something that the ear piece fits in-ear, otherwise you will probably have trouble hearing it.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bought with just under 9000 miles on 08/19/2008

also
84 Aspy
84 Interstate
past
86 GL1200 Aspy
84 Standard
87 Interstate
80 Yam Midnight Special 1100
79 Suz SP400 Enduro
72 Honda SL350
81 Honda XR500
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page