Tourmaster Synergy Heated Clothing - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

Well, my wife bought me a set of Tourmaster Synergy heated clothing for Christmas. Since then, its been too warm to try them out, until the last couple of days!

I went out yesterday for about an hour, but the temp was only about 50F. This evening, it was 32F. I donned my clothing over a long sleeve t-shirt and blue jeans. Over top, my standard riding jacket and vented overpants. (Full face helmet and good wool socks, also)

I'm here to tell you, those things work great!!! I was very comfortable. The only complaint I had was that the jacket liner gets so warm, I believe it would be better to have a thicker shirt on underneath for insulation. They are very comfortable to wear and not too bulky. No longer is it too cold to ride...around here anyway. Y'all fellers up there in the great white north in the -40F places I believe are SOL until spring no matter what you wear!

(My heated grips work great too!)

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 05:12 PM

Post imported post

Big +1 on the Synergy gear. The only complaint I have heard is that the gloves have no heat in the thumbs. I don't have the gloves, but I like that the Synergy heat controllers are included with all the wireing needed at no extra charge. And each item.... jacket liner, legs, gloves have their own heat controller. Machine washable also!!!
My biggest complaint is that they are made in China for Tourmaster. But then alas......you will find that about all the great Harley riding gear and leathers are also made in China!!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Glad to hear that you are happy with yours, Sean!

I had read a thread on another forum of quite a few people having problems with the digital heat controllers, giving up the ghost after a short time(almost immediately to just a few hours use) Seems that Tourmaster had a problem withtheir 1st batch of them, not being able to handle the amperage load. Nearly all the riders were very pleased with the abundance of heat, the liners produced.

To Tourmaster's credit , they immediately shipped a newer version of the heat controller(upgraded from 12A to 25A)to those with problems with failed controllers. The newer controllers look exactly like the older version, but aredenoted with a 'N' on the decal that is on the back of the controller. By all accounts that I've read, there are reportedly very few failures with the newer type controllers.

I'll be looking to purchase one of the jacket liners in early spring, to cut down on the bulkiness of all the layers(and bike storage space) needed for riding in cool-cold conditions. While riding the high elevations through the mountains can be verynice, even warmduring a sunny day in summer, early morning and night time temperature drops can make for cool riding, catching the 'unprepared' rider, riding with just a mesh jacket on.

Thanks for the report, SB

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page