Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Advice

1K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  English Bob 
#1 ·
#2 ·
imported post

A lot of common sense there:clapper::clapper:................unfortunately all too easily overlooked too often.......:(

#3 ·
imported post

Well thought out video and advice.

#4 ·
#5 ·
imported post

GREAT VID. I'll be sending that link to a few 'tee shirt riders' I know :action:

#7 ·
imported post

Hey, are you sending that to me miles? OK, I know I should wear all the gear, I know this, but on an 85 degree day like today, it's hard. And I truly believe a trike is no exception, they don't slide, they roll on top of you. Good video, I will make that effort to ride appropriately.:)

#8 ·
imported post

Great Video. I've passed it on to my t-shirt Harley riding buddies, who tease me not only for riding the Wing but the helmet and jacket too.

Which brings me to the wave thing :waving:most Harley guys, not wearing helmets won't wave at the Wings, whereas the ones that do-will! I'd rather be safe than macho.

#9 ·
imported post

Very good Bob, thanks for posting that. Check out my avatar. That's me on one of my drag bikes. My bikes are nitrous injected and most of the quarter mile is done with the front wheel in the air. Well, oil+front wheel in the air= not good! I went down, and slid over 330 feet down the track. (don't ask how I know that)Friction bad. Lets just put it this way things get hot really fast and asphalt isn't soft.

If you ride long enough you will go down and the more miles we put on, the greater our chances are.My leathers, helmet (and angel) saved my life that day. The streets that we ride on are more dangerous thanany race track.

Firmbeliever in protection and thanks for putting that out there. Maybeseeing that will make someone re-think aboutnot wearing any.

#11 ·
imported post

Great video,, I like to watch those now and then to keep my brain focused on gear........

#15 ·
imported post

Great video, and watching those guys "off" their bikes makes me wonder what my own "off experience" looked like.

65 mph on the freeway. No broken bones or burned skin.
The helmet was pulled off my head, but other than that,
I'm okay.

Good protection gear just simply cannot be stressed enough in advance. Hot weather is no excuse. Buy the type of gear that will allow you to ride in hot weather.

#16 ·
imported post

Great video, I wear my gear ALL the time, It is hard to not when you see all the other bikers riding "Naked" in the summer tho. I actually feel like I left something home if I don't have my helmet on (Very Rarely) Ride Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.