Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats a good bike Magazine

1K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  the_davidt 
#1 ·
imported post

Looking for a mag that is primarily about touring bikes and tip info. Don:t need to know about the biggest, baddest, loudest bikes made.

#2 ·
imported post

Two only come to mind, in the U.S., of course........ (don't know your location).

Rider magazine, and Motorcycle Consumer News.... Rider is a serious, all around publication. Great articles on tours, equipment, etc. Motorcycle Consumer News doesn't accept advertising; which leaves it free to speak frankly and without fear about motorcycles and motorcycle products.

#4 ·
imported post

I really like this mag, Road Runner here's a link to their site. It's all about touring with product reviews & Bike reviews too and it's not that expensive if you subscribe. (I don't have anything to do with the mag I just like it!) http://www.roadrunner.travel/

#6 ·
imported post

Tandem54 wrote:
I really like this mag, Road Runner here's a link to their site. It's all about touring with product reviews & Bike reviews too and it's not that expensive if you subscribe. (I don't have anything to do with the mag I just like it!) http://www.roadrunner.travel/
I like roadrunner.I also read Road Bike and Motorcycle Cruiser. Although those are both changing a little and I'm not sure I like the change.

#9 ·
imported post

I get Roadrunner and Wing World ...

#11 ·
imported post

I get Rider Mag. and Wingworld. But all the magazines seem to go over the same things every month. I do enjoy the "favorite rides" articles and keep them just in case I get to explore them in the future.

Bernie

#13 ·
imported post

I read my WingWorld when it comesevery monthand I like it, But it could be better.

I say we start our own magazine. We are the people who ride and fix these things!Who better to write about them?

Somemembers here already type in the equivalent of an entire magazine every month.

How about GOLDWING FACTS Magazine?

Here is my first article submison.http://www.peterbylt.com/keys.htm

Cousin Jack should be able to produce an article or two, I would buy it just to read his articles (even though he don't even own a wing).

How about it?

Peter

#15 ·
imported post

Peterbylt wrote:
I say we start our own magazine. We are the people who ride and fix these things!Who better to write about them?
How about it?
Peter
Peterbylt,

I just spent some fascinating moments reading through your article.

well laid out with the pictures in some good spots. Great job, made me wish that I had been able to be there with you and the rest of the gang :bat:

#16 ·
imported post

This is our Mag in SA with a circilation of +- 35 000 units a month.

Bike SA - February 2009

[align=center]February 2008[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
Bike SA magazine's recent ABC-certified January to June average monthly sales figures showed an astounding 35 662 copies. This is four times more than the next biggest motorcycle mag.[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

#18 ·
imported post

Whadya mean . You dont like the 50 + year old topless herroin infested chicks on that old leather biker magazine.

That was my material of choice when younger and I couldnt get my hands on the real mags.

LOL

maybe too much info but I couldnt resist because i love reading info on magazines but can never find a decent one.

Its either bat out of hell choppers, one wheel hops while burning the tires, or touring in countries I may never have a chance to visit much less transport my bike too.

i ouwld love a local ly based magaine. by local i mean one that has articles about great roads in the Us . maybe every omnth they can focus on a different state, one road for twisties , one road for scenic touring.

#19 ·
imported post

muaymendez1 wrote:
i ouwld love a local ly based magaine. by local i mean one that has articles about great roads in the Us . maybe every omnth they can focus on a different state, one road for twisties , one road for scenic touring.

Then you need to try Rider Magazine. I subscribe to Rider, Cycle World, and Wing World. They all have -s and +s, but I usually read them cover to cover.

Rider and WW both have many rides from riders in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.